Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2nd Transverse Lie Baby - Help!

(2 Posts)
Gem37 Tue 12-Jul-16 11:17:05

Hi everyone,

I had my first baby 6 1/2 years ago, he was transverse lie and I have to have a planned section at 38 weeks.

I'm now almost 29 weeks pregnant and this baby is also transverse. I have tried exercises from the Spinning Babies website, sit forwards and sleep on my left side. I'm starting to think my uterus is abnormally shaped as it just feels like there is no way baby can turn. I've now contacted an Osteopath to see if they can help.

Has anyone any experience of 2 babies in a transverse lie? Did you manage to get baby to turn?

I really don't want another section, I had my heart set on a natural birth in a birthing pool. :-(

Thank you in advance. x

Shanster Wed 13-Jul-16 01:29:56

Yep, my first was transverse until 37 weeks, then she turned head down. My second was transverse until 39 weeks, then turned head down the day before a scheduled c-section. He was born vaginally 2 weeks later and weighed a hefty 9lbs 8oz, my DR was a bit puzzled as to how he found the space. This is pregnancy #3 and this baby was transverse until last week. He's now head down at 33 weeks BUT with all his efforts to turn he now has his cord twisted around his neck twice. So, in spite of having 2 transverse lies until very late in pregnancy, this one is probably more likely to result in a c-section. I didn't do anything to get the first two to turn, they just figured it out. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now