Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Itchy Legs

(7 Posts)
Jenjen85 Mon 11-Jul-16 15:42:36

Currently 32+5 and over the last few weeks iv had itchy legs/restless legs on and off but today they feel more itchy and last night they were itching in bed too. Today they seem really itchy can anyone recommend a good cream to stop the itch?

PotteringAlong Mon 11-Jul-16 15:43:42

Go and see your midwife; it can be a sign of liver failure. It probably isn't, but better be safe than sorry.

PotteringAlong Mon 11-Jul-16 15:44:15

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrahepatic_cholestasis_of_pregnancy

Myfirst Mon 11-Jul-16 15:50:41

Yep def look at ICP as stated in the link above. It resolves after birth for you but their is a risk to the baby whilst you are pregnant. Ring today if you can. Baby may need to come early.

Jenjen85 Mon 11-Jul-16 16:07:17

I messaged my midwife and she said to let her know if my hands/feet started to itch

Pearlman Mon 11-Jul-16 16:23:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Myfirst Mon 11-Jul-16 21:54:17

I had this and only my legs itched. Not my hands. It's outdated information she is basing that on. Lots of midwives don't know enough about ICP. I was lucky as my usual midwife went off sick (she had got it wrong) and the replacement picked it up straight away. You need liver function tests sorting ASAP. I'm not trying to scaremonger I just know a lot about it and babies can die if your bileacids get too high. There are meds you can take to reduce them and the risk. Go to your GP if your midwife isn't taking you seriously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now