Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Exposure to chickenpox in late pregnancy.

(3 Posts)
Luckystar1 Sun 10-Jul-16 21:13:51

My DS is at nursery 2 mornings a week. There was a sign on the door on Friday altering us to chickenpox.

His key worker has said that it's in the 'older children' room, and they don't really tend to mingle, but there's a soft play area etc where they could interact a little.

Anyway, I'm 37+2 and I'm a bit concerned about my son having caught the pox but currently be in the 14 day incubation period (or whatever it is) and that it will (might!) come out just as the baby is due!!

I have had chicken pox in my youth so I'm not worried about me, but I'm completely worried about the baby being potentially exposed.

I appreciate it is a bit hypothetical until we know, but what should I do??!

Also, should I keep DS from nursery for the next few weeks?!

Paulat2112 Sun 10-Jul-16 21:23:25

Your immunity will be passed onto the baby, only lasts for a little but if you breastfeed it lasts for longer.

www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/939.aspx?CategoryID=54

Luckystar1 Sun 10-Jul-16 21:27:55

Oh you're a star!! Thank you so much I was genuinely working myself into a frenzy about the poor baby!

And googling all the wrong things! Thank you again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now