Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm nesting but it's stressing me out!

(13 Posts)
foxessocks Sun 10-Jul-16 12:11:28

Anyone else?! I'm 33 weeks and the last three days I've been in a cleaning and organising frenzy. I've meal planned and food shopped, tidied and tidied some more, done about 50 loads of washing, ironed stuff that was at the very bottom of the ironing pile and probably will never even be worn, made cakes which have been eaten and I'm wondering when is acceptable to make more, cleared out my daughter's old socks!!

I want to get started on the baby's room now which is in the process of being decorated but we need to clear out a load of stuff as it was our spare room aka dumping ground!

The thing is instead of feeling really good about all this and satisfied I'm just feeling more and more stressed. It's like I've suddenly realised I only have seven weeks to go and I've got to make everything perfect and it is never going to be perfect! I know that and it's annoying me that I can't make it perfect.

I remember feeling like this when I was pregnant with my dd and stressing out on the same way. Must be crazy hormones.

Boomies Sun 10-Jul-16 12:29:20

Yep! I'm with you! 29weeks and am genuinely excited about organising my draws, airing cupboard kitchen cupboards!! I almost brought a label maker yesterday, no idea what I was going to label but I was sure it would be the magic answer to my organising!
Just don't forget to chill out as well xx

foxessocks Sun 10-Jul-16 13:36:32

I am forcing myself to sit down for a little while every now and again because otherwise I'm going to be grumpy and tired!

I've ironed so much now that I have run out of space to actually put the clothes away...I feel a turn out of clothes coming on nexr. Maybe before dh gets home so he doesn't notice anything is missing!

kiki22 Sun 10-Jul-16 15:11:09

I'm with you 33 weeks and am currently up to my neck in toys we have no spare room so I'm trying to find space in ds's room for the cot an additional set of clothes storage and also talk ds into putting some toys away so he actually has floor space to play. Somehow the mess I've made has spilled onto the hallway and ds has been painting in the kitchen which I've just left....

I'm praying to the baby gods I have a nice early baby this time i cant take up to 9 weeks of self inflicted choas!

foxessocks Sun 10-Jul-16 15:49:16

That is so true isn't it!! Self inflicted chaos is exactly right!

I have started sorting old CDs and DVDs but dh has made me stop because I haven't got any boxes to pack them up into so ive just ended up with more mess now. Humph.

kiki22 Sun 10-Jul-16 16:58:20

My boys room is now beautifully clean and organised but the rest of the house is a shambles dp walked in and couldn't manage anything but a shocked what the fuck have you been doing blush

I'm giving up for the day and ordering a take away for dinner far to tired now.

foxessocks Sun 10-Jul-16 17:41:42

Don't blame you! It will get sorted in the end keep telling yourself that! I'm also starting to feel pretty worn out now but am mid way through cooking a roast so just trying to get through that and get dd to bed and then I can just sit down.

The CD and DVD situation is still niggling at me because I was doing so well and now I'm worried it was all for nothing as I'll never have the motivation again!!

kiki22 Sun 10-Jul-16 18:06:14

Go to the pound shop tomorrow for some boxes then you can get it out the way. When you need to nest you need to nest grin

foxessocks Sun 10-Jul-16 18:09:35

Ooh pound shop do boxes?! Good plan!

foxessocks Sun 10-Jul-16 18:10:13

Dh will be cross though because he says he's going to get some from work at the end of the week. I think he'll forget though hmm

kiki22 Sun 10-Jul-16 23:16:40

The pound shop do all sorts now I'm slightly addicted... it's only a few pounds after all wink

Shanster Mon 11-Jul-16 01:01:38

I'm 33 weeks too and have been in nesting mode for a couple of weeks. I'm driving my kids nuts! I keep shouting at them to keep their rooms tidy, and to stop leaving small bits of toys on the floor (can't see over my bump). We moved about 2 months ago and although everything was unpacked a while ago, there's so much to do to get this old house in shape!!!!

Mamatallica Mon 11-Jul-16 01:10:25

I'm currently 35+ weeks and still have no kitchen.... My nursery finally has floorboards though so that's good! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now