Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone had a filling removed during pregnancy?

(4 Posts)
Chocoholic26 Sun 10-Jul-16 11:04:56

Hi there starting to worry. Yesterday I had to go to an emergency dental appointment as I had chipped a silver filling and it was giving me pain. I had read on the NHS website that dentists don't recommend taking them out in pregnancy due to mercury vapours being released during drilling them out and it can cause harm to the unborn baby. Anyway the dentist assured me it was such a small amount and that I would be fine. She removed the filling (with a bit of drilling) and replaced it with a temporary filling until the babh arrives. I'm only 15 weeks and have stupidly been googling! Apparently it is dangerous to the baby's development and shouldn't have been removed. Has anyone else had an amalgam filling removed and all been well with their baby? Really worried xx

Chocoholic26 Sun 10-Jul-16 16:50:12

Anyone??

Hopeful16 Sun 10-Jul-16 19:20:55

My dentist refused to remove an existing silver filling but repaired where needed with white filling for the reasons you stated. Sorry probably not what you wanted to hear.

LolaStarr Sun 10-Jul-16 19:26:32

Mine wouldn't touch mine while pregnant either confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now