Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Odd pains 38 weeks, confused!

(7 Posts)
user1467644358 Sat 09-Jul-16 08:51:16

I'm experiencing some odd pains recently, about a week ago I got some extreme pressure down in the bum area but that only lasted about a night hmm and then recently I've been getting twinges in my lower abdomen that don't last longer than a minute and happen randomly confused now I've woken up this morning with very very dull menstrual pain and very dull back ache! I'm just so confused with all these different pains going on.

Im 38 weeks today first time mum aswell and I've been engaged 3/5th since I was 31 weeks, I don't seem to be having any other symptoms apart from that really, what do you all think? I'm very confused sad

minmooch Sat 09-Jul-16 08:54:14

Possible early labour methinks. Could be Brixton hicks. Or just your body getting ready for labour. Talk to your midwife for advice if you are concerned.

user1467644358 Sat 09-Jul-16 08:58:44

Oh and I don't know whether it's useful to mention I get nauseous a lot when I eat, anyone else experienced this so late on? 😨

Mummyme87 Sat 09-Jul-16 09:03:30

Nausea and vomiting are common late on in pregnancy as are aches pains and pressure. It's getting tight in there, body is releasing hormones for labour... This is very normal

Leirope Sat 09-Jul-16 10:12:25

I had similar pains and nausea and went into labour at 38+6 so make sure you've got your hospital bag ready to go!

user1467644358 Sat 09-Jul-16 12:16:12

All the pain has completely worn off now, I'm so confused with what my body wants to do right now haha, thank you for the advice everyone though 🙂 I'm seeing my midwife this Monday so I'll see what she says about it

malvinandhobbes Sat 09-Jul-16 15:36:40

I am 37 weeks and have had all of that too, especially at night. The hours of 12pm-2am seem to be the worst for me. I think this is the body getting ready.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now