Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ladies PLEASE give me tips to get this baby moving!!

(5 Posts)
bippitybopityboo Fri 08-Jul-16 23:31:18

39+3 and SO fed up and just want labour to start but not had so much as a twinge!
I have a sweep on Thursday and didn't really want to make it that far (having the sweep due to mild preeclampsia and consultant dosent want me to go too far overdue)

I'll try anything the old wives tales the lot grin
I'd just like to avoid an induction but think we're heading that way!!

poppym12 Fri 08-Jul-16 23:36:24

I was 7 days overdue and booked in to be induced. Lovely older midwife said that what got the baby in there would get him out. Totally grossed me out at the time but it worked. Labour started within about an hour.

GertrudeSmellsDivine Fri 08-Jul-16 23:40:20

Mow the lawn.
Worked for me - twice! smile
But 39+3 is NOTHING I tell you - NOTHING!
<sobs at the memory of the full fortnight overdue>

AsthmaAndAutism Fri 08-Jul-16 23:42:16

Well, erm, DH accidentally got labour going at 39+3 by 'getting my milk flowing' blush I asked my midwife about it afterwards, and apparently nipple stimulation produces a huge amount of oxytocin (the stuff they inject during induction) and makes your body think the baby is already there! (DH was a little mortified at that statement grin)
I've definitely read since that it's a proven way to start labour, and can actually be used quite effectively as a method to induce. Don't quote me on that though! It was an accident for me! We just wanted one more child free night blushgrin

Pearlman Sat 09-Jul-16 17:22:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now