Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI leaking waters/discharge?

(4 Posts)
buttershy Thu 07-Jul-16 15:15:31

Hi ladies,

Sorry for this TMI graphic post but hoping someone can help me as I can't seem to find what I'm looking for on Google.

I'm 36wks pregnant with first baby. I've noticed I'm having a lot of discharge, except for its not really normal for me..i get quite a big wet patch in my pants that looks like a water mark, I can feel something coming out of me and since it's totally water like and has no colour or texture to it I'm certain it's not urine. My urine has been really yellow through pregnancy and most of my underwear is white so I'm sure I would be able to notice or smell if the wet patch was actually urine..but I could be wrong? Usually in the middle of the wet patch is some thicker creamy discharge which is more like my normal discharge. This has been happening for about two weeks or more and it suddenly occurred to me that even though it's not jelly like/red or looks like what I expect your waters to look like that it could be amniotic fluid and am worried especially as at my last midwife appt the baby was measuring 2 1/2 weeks behind.

What do you think?

mellysam Thu 07-Jul-16 15:51:36

I have no idea what it is sorry, but I know I'd ignore Google and phone my midwife xx

Jodie1982 Thu 07-Jul-16 16:12:26

Put a pad on, it'll fill with your waters if there's a slow leak. And call MW for advice. When my waters go it's a constant gush and trickle. Nothing like peeing.
Good luck.

Dixiechick17 Thu 07-Jul-16 19:19:55

I had this watery discharge from 24 weeks,once it soaked through my underwear and through my jeans. Consultant could see pockets of water on my internal scan so thought maybe a slow leak from my hind waters. All was ok, and my waters started to go at full term.

Always worth a call to triage if you are worried. I went in at 30 weeks due to a small gush again and they confirmed watery discharge, I was unfortunate in that I had a lot of it. I'd still ask to go in get checked out though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now