Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Leigh on sea / Southend mummies to be!

(8 Posts)
Eleanor2016 Thu 07-Jul-16 14:58:01

Hello all,

I'm new to Leigh on sea / Southend and pregnant.

Am looking to meet with other mummies who are local and in the same situation!

I'm 31 weeks pregnant smile

Would love to do coffee or anything ante natal in the area with some likeminded people.

Xxxxx starstar

DebieS Thu 07-Jul-16 17:16:04

Hi Eleanor
I'm in Westcliff on Sea and only found out I'm pregnant. First baby and have no idea what I'm doing or what to expect.

Xxx

Eleanor2016 Thu 07-Jul-16 17:32:23

Hi Debie!

Don't worry at all, I was exactly the same. Especially as baby wasn't planned!

How many weeks are you now?
I've started researching stuff to do in the area, have you lived here long?

Xxxxx

DebieS Thu 07-Jul-16 17:41:24

I'm approx 3-4 weeks. I'm waiting to hear from the midwives after putting through a referral but for some odd reason it says I have to wait up to 5 days to hear back from them.

I have lived in the area 2 and half years. Originally from Belfast so it's only me and hubby here.

Xx

Eleanor2016 Thu 07-Jul-16 17:53:40

Yes so when you self refer they take 5 working days to get back to you. It's normal. They will give you a call and have a chat with you on the phone, then organise a booking in appointment for you to go over all you medical history!

I met my midwife at around 8 weeks ish.

How are you feeling?

X

DebieS Thu 07-Jul-16 17:58:44

I feel hungry constantly and sloggish. Oh my 5 working days are up on Monday. Do you wait long for a booking in appointment? I'm the most impatient person ever haha.

Is this your first baby?

Xx

Eleanor2016 Thu 07-Jul-16 19:30:01

Yeah so they should contact you mon/tues. for an appointment I think it was a few weeks, but my first one I had at the hospital - you'll prob have a community midwife who'll come to your house and do your booking, that's much quicker smile

Yes it's my first baby, can't wait to not be pregnant anymore but equally terrified about giving birth!

I was tired and very sick for the first 5 months of my pregnancy so I'm glad to be on the other side - there's definitely lucky people who don't feel anything!

The tiredness goes after the first trimester though smile

Xx

DebieS Fri 08-Jul-16 08:12:08

I just can't sleep at night. Really bad restless legs as soon as I lay in bed and then I can't get comfortable and toss and turn all night.

I'm sure your excited for baby coming grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now