Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone struggling with weight gain all over?

(7 Posts)
LittleLionMansMummy Thu 07-Jul-16 10:56:39

Size 14 before pregnancy (I've always struggled with weight gain due to pcos). I've packed on weight pretty much since conception. I daren't weigh myself but my thighs, bum, hips and boobs have all expanded massively and I have worse stretch marks in these areas than I've ever had - none on my stomach though. Even my face is fuller! I'm only 20 weeks with my second - with my first I only put on weight around my middle. That weight gain didn't bother me at all - I felt great. But this time it's getting me down a bit. I'll be In France when I'm 26 weeks and really self conscious about having fewer clothes on. Most of my maternity clothes are still size 14, but they're getting tighter. I know that logically it's my body doing what it needs to, but I feel like people are judging me. I wish I looked like one of those pregnant models you see in pregnancy magazines who only look big on their bump. I feel like a blob. I'm being irrational aren't I? Anyone else feel the same?

obsessedlex Thu 07-Jul-16 11:39:34

You are being irrational but I totally totally sympathise - I feel exactly like you - I'm 26 weeks and getting bigger by the day! It's my arms and back that I can't stand getting bigger xx

LaraG13 Thu 07-Jul-16 17:35:07

I feel the same and it's really getting me down. I'm 24 weeks with my first and have put on 18lbs. My belly is huge but I've also put it on my thighs, which are all cellulitey, my arms and my face/neck. Like you say, I know why it's happening and that it's what my body needs but I still feel really unhappy about it. I'm not eating massive amounts or particularly unhealthily so i feel like to stop it I'd have to diet, which isn't something I'd do. I'd never judge other women for putting weight on while pregnant but on myself I just loathe it. I feel disgusting and like I don't want to go anywhere or see anyone in case they comment or think something of it. I'm really annoyed that I feel this way because I always imagined I'd love and embrace pregnancy (ha!). And I feel guilty because I know having a healthy baby is all that really matters. I'm struggling though, and the thought of 16 more weeks and a couple of stone more makes me panic massively! Plus I'm really scared I won't be able to lose it. So yes, totally sympathise with you!

Baz13 Thu 07-Jul-16 18:02:14

I totally sympathise with you as well, I am 24 weeks with my third baby and I have put on so much weight already (nearly 3 stone!) I nearly cried when I converted the kg into stone. I tend to put on a lot of weight whilst pregnant, I put on just over 5 stone for the other two. I eat quite well, a mixture of everything really (which probably doesn't help that I am hungry a lot). I don't do any exercise, but working with young children all day is more than enough! It does get me down when I realise that I have put weight on and everyone says, 'enjoy it' and 'embrace it' as it's the only time you can get away with eating what you want, but like you Lara, I am worried about trying to loose it - I just feel really unattractive at the minute, still waiting for that pregnancy glow; think it may have bypassed me ;)
LittleLion: Some maternity clothes are different fits, a bit like normal clothes really- go up a size and don't worry about it. With my first I was a size 8 pre-pregnancy (would love to be that size again ha) and I couldn't fit into size 18 normal clothes and went into a size 16 in maternity - I was mortified! Good luck in your pregnancy and enjoy France smile

user1467296110 Thu 07-Jul-16 18:22:46

I've really been struggling, im 18 weeks with my first and I've struggled in the past with my weight and have always been very conscious and restricted. Now I'm pregnant I don't want to restrict what I eat, I want to give my baby everything and I feel like if my body says I'm hungry then I need to listen. Problem is I'm piling weight on! I've started shopping at places that do great fruit and veg (I use farmdrop in London but there's Abel & Cole or riverford elsewhere) so at least I know I'm putting only good stuff into my body and if I'm putting weight on then it's ok because I'm a bloody superwoman and I'm growing an actual human being in my belly!! smile

LittleLionMansMummy Fri 08-Jul-16 09:19:49

Thanks everyone I do feel better knowing that how I feel is 'normal'! So yesterday 2 new beautiful dresses turned up in the post and fit me perfectly. I spent an hour in the bath pampering myself, got out and pained finger and toe nails (finger nails are awesome while I'm pregnant!) and today have one of my new dresses on for work. Feel loads more confident in how I look! smile

LittleLionMansMummy Fri 08-Jul-16 09:20:26

painted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now