Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did you show with your 2nd???

(22 Posts)
Missmac84 Wed 06-Jul-16 20:11:05

I've recently found out that I am pregnant with my 2nd but seem to be showing already at 7 weeks! Is it normal to show earlier? With my 1st I didn't show until 4 mths!!

Spaghettio Thu 14-Jul-16 11:18:08

I was wondering the same- currently 8 weeks with no. 2 and already my trousers feel tight.

I didn't start showing with no. 1 until about 15-16 weeks and then I just looked fat!

BathshebaDarkstone Thu 14-Jul-16 11:20:16

About 5 weeks! It's muscle memory or something. grin

PleaseGetOffTheTableDarling Thu 14-Jul-16 11:21:17

I could see a change at about 6 weeks - by ten weeks there was no hiding it! I officially told people at work at 12 weeks and they were all like 'err. Yeah. Obviously'

DramaAlpaca Thu 14-Jul-16 11:22:12

Really early, I seem to remember. And even earlier with the third, when my poor old stomach muscles had clearly given up completely.

ItchyFoot Thu 14-Jul-16 11:23:55

The minute of conception! There's no bloody hiding a second pregnancy. I'm 23 weeks now and already fed up.

Gardencentregroupie Thu 14-Jul-16 11:25:12

I'm in my 5th week with what will hopefully be DC2 and for the last week or so I cannot wear any of my jeans or my uniform trousers at work. A few weeks ago I had a nice flat stomach and was thinking about going down a size now it's jersey fabrics all the way. I do remember I was mega bloated early in the first trimester with DD and it went down by the 12 week mark, but not as early and not as bad as this

Spaghettio Thu 14-Jul-16 11:26:16

My first was 8 years ago, so I wondered if my muscles had forgotten by now wink. Judging by my belly, I don't think so!

Heatherbell1978 Thu 14-Jul-16 11:30:39

I'm 7 weeks and haven't noticed anything too much yet, wee bit bloated though.
With my first i didn't properly pop until after the 20 week scan. Weirdly though I had to buy new bras at 8 weeks pregnant last time and this time my boobs haven't changed at all yet...

Stiddleficks Thu 14-Jul-16 11:34:51

I had a small bump at 12 weeks, I had my scan late at 14 weeks but close friends already suspected.

snorepatrol Thu 14-Jul-16 11:40:14

I was the total opposite I was showing from 16 weeks with dc1 and with dc2 I genuinely didn't look pregnant until about 32 weeks even then you could only tell sideways forward facing I just looked a bit fat.

Although I feel like I should point out dc1 was 10lbs and 2 foot long when she was born and dc2 was Only 5lb full term and still wears 18 month clothes at 2 1/2 when may have contributed slightly grin

snorepatrol Thu 14-Jul-16 11:41:03

Which not when

MrsDoylesTeaParty Thu 14-Jul-16 12:43:07

I showed at about 3 weeks this time, I'm 6 weeks now and have a right bump! Struggling to get off the couch sometimes. How is this possible!? Is it just the womb being huge? It took ages to show last time.. I preferred it as it felt like a nice, gradual process... Now it's just wham grin At least it looks clearly like a bump though and not just fat.

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 14-Jul-16 12:45:30

I had some serious bloat happening at about 8 weeks. But then that went down, and my real bump wasn't noticeable until about 18 weeks. I'm 24 weeks now, and I reckon I'm about the same size I was at 30+ weeks with Dd blush

Winegumaddict Fri 15-Jul-16 06:58:43

I'm 20 ish weeks with no. 2 and still just look fat. No real bump with DD until 26 weeks although I was too big for my normal clothes. I'd rather have a bump than just look like I'm piling it on. I know it'll come in time it's just frustrating.

Last time I was too uncomfortable in nornal jeans from about 8 weeks though bit I wore them last week this time.

Weezie85 Fri 15-Jul-16 07:25:32

I had massive bloat the first trimester, then went down. Bump started showing 23 weeks. Last time I was easily 30 before it was noticeable

kiki22 Fri 15-Jul-16 10:42:27

I bloated in the first 10 weeks but didnt have much of a bump until 20 weeks I was 27 weeks before my bump was totally obvious, my first I had a huge noticeable bump by about 16 weeks. It's not always true second time your bigger.

Havingkittens04 Fri 15-Jul-16 20:31:03

Early bloating with my first until about 12 weeks, then a relatively flat belly until 5 months (at which point I just looked podgy) proper bump at about 7 months, albeit small, and you could only tell I was pg side-on at the very end confused

With this pregnancy I had the bloat early on again, which has turned straight into a proper hardened mound that you'd associate with a lady 6 months gone, and I was even offered a seat on the train yesterday by 2 different passengers..... But I'm only just 12 weeks blush

WiMoChi Fri 15-Jul-16 20:34:20

21 weeks with second and not showing sad

AbbeyRoadCrossing Fri 15-Jul-16 20:39:14

I had my first stranger comment at about 28 weeks and work didn't notice - I told them at 25!
I have a long torso though so think that makes my bumps small.

moosechops Fri 15-Jul-16 20:41:23

I started dieting because I thought I was getting a belly, walked past the mirror one day and said out loud "I'm pregnant" took the test and yep pregnant - 4/5 weeks.

Now 16 weeks and have been in maternity clothes for 2 weeks.

Whatsername17 Fri 15-Jul-16 22:11:34

With my dd I bloated and it went down a little. With this one I'm obviously pregnant with a bump that popped out at 10 weeks and is definitely a bump at 13 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now