Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity Records

(9 Posts)
MissB1988 Wed 06-Jul-16 19:33:12

Hi.
Unfortunately I lost my babies scan picture in a fire years ago. My daughter is 7.5 now.

I took a photo of it and posted it on fb but took it down and saved it on one of 3 computers. 2 of those computers broke. 1 I can retrieve the photos from. The other is long gone and the third computer is at my mums so I am yet to check if it's on there.

So I'm exploring the option of requesting my maternity records from the hospital. I have a number to call them tomorrow between 9-5.

But I was hoping someone on here would know if ultrasound scans ARE included in our maternity records and what are the possibilities of getting a copy almost 8 years later?

Thank you.

Beansprout30 Wed 06-Jul-16 19:39:49

Hmmm I don't think they are kept as far as I know, I work within document management and have never come across a file containing an ultrasound scan sorry

BertieBeats Wed 06-Jul-16 19:40:50

My son is 6 in November and I remember they put the measurements down on maternity records but not the pictures. We had to buy them ourselves. Might differ with area though.

Beansprout30 Wed 06-Jul-16 19:41:14

Have you checked all your photo folders on fb? Could it be still there but hidden in an uploaded folder perhaps?

hippydippybaloney Wed 06-Jul-16 19:48:35

No they're not usually kept in your medical records.

MissB1988 Wed 06-Jul-16 19:52:19

I am so happy. Thanks for the idea of checking folders. I searched my email account to see if I sent it to someone and I'd emailed my sister a copy!!! It's not as nice as having the original but atleast I have it!! Thanks all for your responses.

MissB1988 Wed 06-Jul-16 19:59:37

I found a copy of the photo I took. Thank goodness I took a photo and sent a copy.

hippydippybaloney Wed 06-Jul-16 20:00:27

That's fab! Pleased for you.

Beansprout30 Wed 06-Jul-16 20:12:53

Brilliant, get it saved somewhere safe!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now