Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramping - very early pregnancy.

(12 Posts)
ps2304 Wed 06-Jul-16 18:24:08

Hi everyone, I got my bfp on Monday at 11dpo, line has got stronger over the two days. Today I have been having some period type cramps, some are painful but don't last long. No spotting or bleeding. Is this normal? This is my first pregnancy so no idea what to expect. I have attached pictures of my tests, hopefully they look ok! Thanks

MoodyOne Wed 06-Jul-16 20:12:43

Hey! I'm 11 weeks at the moment and from what I remember I had period cramps in my right side and got told so long as they don't last a long time and theirs no red blood it's fine xx

Porcupinetree Thu 07-Jul-16 08:06:42

I've had cramping (sometimes quite painful) throughout this pregnancy (currently 12 weeks).

I was told as long as no red bleeding or severe pain on one side (poss ectopic) you're probably OK. But your local EPU should see you if it continues past about week 6. Good luck.

SunCrusHH Thu 07-Jul-16 08:10:53

I'm also 11 weeks. Up until about 8 weeks I had cramps on the lower left side. It was like a pulling feeling and a dull ache. Would come on and last a day or maybe disappear after an hour. I spoke to the midwife about it and she said it was fine. You need to watch out for sharp pain , shooting pain or pain that makes you stop what your doing. You also need to watch out for blood. Hope that helps

rubberducker Thu 07-Jul-16 10:49:24

I had cramping and strong period type pains at the start of all of my pregnancies and was told it was just caused by things stretching and was nothing to worry about, unless accompanied by bleeding.

April241 Thu 07-Jul-16 12:02:45

I had a lot of cramping, tugging and pulling feelings for most of the first trimester and very very painful abdominal pain which turned out to be trapped wind of all things! I'm 24 weeks tomorrow so totally normal.

There's a lot of stretching going on, especially in a first pregnancy as your body has never done it before smile

Workinzzz Thu 07-Jul-16 12:04:45

I'm 11 weeks and had this too, with both my pregnancies, this one seems to be ok and I have a healthy daughter from the last one so try not to worry! smile

ps2304 Thu 07-Jul-16 19:15:20

Thanks everyone

BrexitentialCrisis Thu 07-Jul-16 19:26:42

Those are some lovely clear lines op! I had cramping during both my pregnancies and it was all fine. I remember worrying about it and looking here on mumsnet- someone reassuring suggested thinking of it as 'men at work' instead of cramping. It sounds weird now that I see it written down but it does make sense: your body is doing all sorts of adjusting and sorting out in order to ramp up for this important job. There are all sorts of muscles and processes in there starting off that have never been used or done before. Try not to worry and best of luck flowers

GruffaloPants Sat 09-Jul-16 20:35:06

I had lots of cramping early in both pregnancies - was nothing to worry about.

Rose1989 Sat 09-Jul-16 21:32:29

I'm now on week 10, I had horrific period like pains up until a few weeks ago now I get the odd twinge. I thought to myself 'no one ever mentioned pain like this in early pregnancy to me before!' It should pass but if you have any worries go see your GP :-)

Tashabee18 Mon 26-Sep-16 18:35:29

Hi
I'm only 4 weeks gone, but am geting almost like very mild period cramps. I'm just scared as I fell pregnant last year and it was eptopic and had the tube removed. I won't get my early scan for another week and a half. I don't know if I should see my Dr about the cramps or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now