Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Being Paranoid due to a Bad Thought?

(8 Posts)
SpeckledFrog2014 Tue 05-Jul-16 17:34:01

I had an early miscarriage six weeks before this pregnancy and it affected me really badly at the time and it is still an underlying pain and fear that I don't think will ever go away, but when I was washing up a couple of days ago the thought of a still birth popped into my head which is obviously a subconscious fear due to my mc. However, since then, so from yesterday, I feel like my baby's movements have changed. They have not stopped, although don't seem to be quite as consistently (and painfully) strong as they did before. He still goes nuts every now and then. But I feel like I'm just being paranoid and winding myself up so haven't called triage. Also I have some major issues around the hospital and induction too and have a 19 month old i don't want to drag around for nothing (hospital is a long way for us).

Has anyone else had this kind of anxiety? Should I really call triage seeing as baby is still moving? Could it just be baby has turned around with back out ready to be born so I'm not feeling as much? I don't want to be a nuisance if it's nothing and they're busy. I'm due Thursday.

CakeAndChocolate Tue 05-Jul-16 17:45:14

Just call. Even if all it does is put your mind at rest, the midwives really won't mind. The advice is to be seen if you notice a change in baby's movements, which you have. I hope you have your baby safely in your arms very soon.

CakeAndChocolate Wed 06-Jul-16 11:06:31

Did you get checked out OP? I hope everything is ok.

MummyIsMyFavouriteName Wed 06-Jul-16 11:11:52

Always get yourself checked if you are uncertain. I have a friend who is a senior midwife and she is always saying that they don't mind if it turns out to be nothing! Please get yourself checked if you haven't already!

sparkleshine83 Wed 06-Jul-16 11:33:46

Frog, I spent two hours last night from 2:30am panicking that my baby was dying - bad dream and their movements have seemed less strong the last few days. This morning I have been booted repeatedly for my troubles!

If you don't know if you should call a midwife, do a kick count - should be 10 in 2 hrs - but as the other posts say, better to contact a medical professional than lose your baby.

EvansAndThePrince Wed 06-Jul-16 11:48:43

If you have a "feeling", get checked out. I'm really lucky in that my midwifery team very much encourage mother's instinct in these things so they would be quite happy to talk through this and if they thought necessary they would monitor baby

SpeckledFrog2014 Wed 06-Jul-16 15:45:18

Thank you everyone smile

I went today and it turned out baby was back to back and my reduced movements were just me not feeling him kick me where I expected! The midwife was lovely although we (pregnant ladies) were piling in. I had a doctors appointment this afternoon for itchy bits, sorry tmi, and the doctor seems to think labour is imminent for me anyway as I was also swollen down there. I can live in hope of not being too overdue maybe this time.

CakeAndChocolate Wed 06-Jul-16 15:56:03

That's great news. So glad you got checked out and baby is ok. Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too much longer and that baby makes a safe entrance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now