Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hips keep collapsing - 37 weeks

(3 Posts)
BergamotMouse Tue 05-Jul-16 16:47:39

I was hoping someone could tell me whether this is normal at this stage (37 weeks).

My hips keep feeling like they're collapsing when I'm walking (and I can sometimes feel it happening when I'm just sitting down!). I've not fallen over or anything because of it but it stops me in my tracks and I have to lean against a wall or something. It's completely unpredictable.

There is very little / no pain when it happens, it's just a very odd sensation. It seems to be happening a lot more frequently in the last few days and I'm worried I'll soon be hesitant to go out on my own.

Is it worth a trip to the doctor or is it just a ligaments stretching / relaxin kicking in type of thing that I just need to deal with?

SpeckledFrog2014 Tue 05-Jul-16 17:09:23

I would go to the doctors if you're feeling unconfident about leaving the house. It's alway worthwhile going too in case there's something more to it for you.

I must admit it is a very odd sensation when you're not sure if your hips are going to be able to hold you up. I stubble around like a drunk on my many trips to the bathroom in the night time and have to work myself up to stand when I sit on the floor (I have a toddler and also can only seem to competently fold washing whilst sitting on the floor).

dats Wed 06-Jul-16 00:50:39

I've got PGP and when I stand after sitting for a while I get a similar unstable feeling in my pelvis. Mine hurts, though. I've been seeing an osteopath since about 30w which has helped. Same in previous pregnancy except I saw a chiropractor.

If you haven't already, get yourself a belt - mine was £20 from JoJo but if I did it again, I'd get a Serola - they are highly recommended.

Or seeing as you're already 37w, look up some exercises. I find that the minute I stand up, I rotate my hips for a bit while standing still and when I go to walk it's much better.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now