Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bleeding at 5 weeks

(7 Posts)
Chloris33 Tue 05-Jul-16 10:17:13

I know, as the GP said, only time and a scan will tell, but looking for a bit of hand holding/ experience. I am having what is very similar to what my normal period would be, at 5, nearly 6 weeks pregnant. Bright red blood, medium flow, was quite heavy overnight, but not super heavy, passing some very small clots. Don't know yet if it's a miscarriage, having to play the waiting game. Could be breakthrough bleeding. Anyone had anything like this and the pregnancy was still fine? I had initial morning sickness straightaway with this pregnancy, and now that's gone, which maybe isn't a good sign.

summerskittles91 Tue 05-Jul-16 10:46:33

Hey Chloris33 when will they be sending you for a scan? Has the gp referred you to EPU?

I can't offer too much advice but I guess you have to remain positive. Have you taken a pregnancy test since the bleeding?

Sending hugs your way. x

Chloris33 Tue 05-Jul-16 11:32:22

Thanks summkerskittles91. Yes, the GP is in the process of referring me to EPU, but actually I have now just done a pregnancy test and it is negative, so I assume this is a miscarriage, now. x

ThePartyArtist Tue 05-Jul-16 11:35:17

So sorry to hear this, hope the doctors are looking after you x

summerskittles91 Tue 05-Jul-16 11:37:18

Oh Chloris33 sad
Make sure you look after yourself. They may do further tests at EPU/hospital to see whats happened. x

MrsStavrum Tue 05-Jul-16 12:08:01

Sorry to hear that Chloris33. I hope you are doing ok x

Chloris33 Tue 05-Jul-16 14:30:16

Thanks, am feeling sad but will just have to work through it in time X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now