Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ADVICE PLEAE GOING INSANE!

(8 Posts)
roseypop Tue 05-Jul-16 09:11:20

Hi I have been reading mumsnet for advise on and off for years and you all seem so lovely and really helpful so I have finally joined to share with you my most recent dilemma and would really appreciate some of your thoughts!

So... I had unprotected sex with my (fairly new) partner on the 17th June 2016 I feel lie a naïve teenager saying this but we just got so excited and caught up in the moment we didn't care and I knew I was ovulating. After some umming and arring we decided to get the ellaone tablet 72 hrs after the 'event' . I read that ellaone is effective up to 120 hours and works by delaying ovulation. In the back of my mind I thought that wasn't possible if I had already ovulated. So anyway, we are now 5th July. I have had about 10 very faint positives and I mean faint but accompanied by two NOT PREGNANT results on the clearblue digital. This has driven me into a wild panic as actually I was so excited and happy at the thought that the ellaone had infact failed, me and my partner have been planning and discussing in appositive way the effects of having a child (we both have an older boy each from previous relationships 8yrs and 10yrs)

I am so worried I am having a 'chemical pregnancy' and I will come on very soon or something is wrong, especially because of the ellaone pill. So I am uploading my results and would really like some sort of reassurance or prep for the worst depending on your opinions and experience! My doctor has told me to come back in a week as he was 'not convinced' by the faint line on the cheap and nasty test I did with him in the surgery yesterday.

Sorry to go on and on I am feeling slightly mental at the moment peeing on sticks constantly, convincing myself something bad is happening. The bottom test, taken out of casing is what I did this morning and the digital test. The others are from yesterday evening.

Cupcakemumma123 Tue 05-Jul-16 09:32:53

I'm no pro but would say that you're pregnant as its so unlikely to get a false positive, the digital may just be negative as they are less sensitive. Do you know what date you're due on? X

ikklepig Tue 05-Jul-16 11:25:18

The middle two look similar to my results.... I'm now 7 months pregnant. I heard that the digital ones aren't as sensitive as the cheapy superdrug ones so may be why they are showing as negative so far. Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear.

I think you may have to give it a week and go back to doctors like they suggested. When were you due on?

LBNM19 Tue 05-Jul-16 11:29:06

I got a very faint postive followed by 2 negatives on a clear blue digital. So thought I wasn't pregnant. Then a few days later my period hadn't come so got a first response test and it come back postive, I'm now nearly 13 weeks pregnant. There is a good chance you are pregnant.

Afreshstartplease Tue 05-Jul-16 11:37:16

I would say your pregnant

Try a pink dye test

Digital are not as sensitive

roseypop Tue 05-Jul-16 13:21:19

Hi again, thank you for your responses I was due on yesterday/ today. So very early days however I did a test just now (see what I mean about going insane) and the line is next to nothing! I just don't understand as I have been pregnant before and there was none of this uncertainty. X

roseypop Mon 11-Jul-16 10:19:30

Just to update anyone who has read this. I went on to lose the pregnancy.

Karmin Mon 11-Jul-16 13:13:49

So sorry for your loss x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now