Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

37 weeks & done

(4 Posts)
Horseymumma Mon 04-Jul-16 22:57:32

My first post!
I'm 37 weeks pregnant, and had enough.
I'm booked in for a c section at 39+1, medical reasons why I can't have a natural delivery, however I really don't want to have my baby on this day, for many reasons but mainly cos it's my SIL bday, (we are not fans of each other). I've tried changing date but hospital saying nothing free day day before or after.
I've had a very uncomfortable pregnancy and am doing my best to go into labour naturally then they will take me down for c section.
I've tried most of the old wives tales, I need tried and tested methods.
Thanks in advance X

RochelleGoyle Mon 04-Jul-16 23:05:49

Sorry, can't offer any advice as am only 30 weeks with my first...but I'm sure that even if it does come to having the section on SIL's birthday, your new arrival will more than make up for the poor choice of date! Fingers crossed he or she makes an appearance sooner though. smile

GoingLoopyQuickly Wed 06-Jul-16 19:07:26

I can't say it works but i started using clary sage at 38 weeks with my first pg and ds came at 38+4. I am just about 37 wks now and don't dare touch it until I hit 37 exactly. I haven't even finished work yet and want at least one day off before labour!

I also did a fair bit of bouncing on a ball. Bit more so this time when my baby was breech until about a week ago and is now head down and "very low" according to the mw

AbbeyRoadCrossing Wed 06-Jul-16 20:08:25

Sorry you are having a bad pregnancy but perhaps hold onto that c sections at 39 weeks are better for the baby where possible (unless medical reasons for an earlier one). Many hospitals give steroid injections for early c sections now.
Plus a planned section is much safer and nicer than an emergency - I've done both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now