Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Car seat dilemma

(8 Posts)
carmelsundae Sat 02-Jul-16 13:26:18

Currently pregnant with no. 2. Had stored my baby car seat away last year after we'd stopped using it. Used it with no. 1, it was in perfectly working order and never involved in any accidents etc. Planned on using it again, as it fits on the travel system and the isofix base we have! So brought it out of storage, where it was completely covered and the seat had some condensation damp/mould on it! Have taken the cover off and washed it, but now I'm worried that the mould could of got into the actual seat! Am I over thinking this, and it'll be fine to use again, or should we buy a new one??

BumblebeeBum Sat 02-Jul-16 16:23:18

I would buy a new one.

Sanch1 Sat 02-Jul-16 16:32:03

Ours was mouldy, we washed the lining a few times on a 90 degree hygiene wash and are using it for DD2 now.

IamChipmunk Sat 02-Jul-16 17:03:37

We did the same. I took all the covers off washed a couple of times and washed with the Dettol antibacterial wash stuff and then cleaned the rest of the seats plastic bits with Dettol.

I think it's cleaner now than most of the times ds used it.

IAmAPaleontologist Sat 02-Jul-16 17:57:34

The problem isn't necessarily the mould as that can be cleaned and mould spores killed even if it leaves a stain but where was it stored? Has it been exposed to conditions that would mean the seat has degraded?

Nan0second Sat 02-Jul-16 17:59:55

Wash it as above and then it will be fine!

Toofondofcake Sat 02-Jul-16 18:22:52

Nah the hard covering will be fine I wouldn't get another either.

Andbabymakesthree Sat 02-Jul-16 18:24:21

Is the mould on the harness? If so replace. If not wash covers and see what it looks like

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now