Talk

Advanced search

Worried about not eating

(5 Posts)
Cheekymofo Sat 02-Jul-16 10:40:16

Hi, I'm going through a major trauma at the moment and I just can't eat.

I'm 19 weeks pregnant.. I'm worried that I need to eat but I just can't.

What will happen if I don't eat?

Ty

LynseyH5 Sat 02-Jul-16 12:39:09

You'll end up feeling weak and more sick.
I'm struggling due to severe nausea but have found smooth thick soups really helpful. Could you try cup of soups? Don't forget baby needs nutrients from you too and will take what it can so you'll end up feeling much worse if you have nothing x

Jasperkiss5 Sat 02-Jul-16 19:31:49

Sorry to hear that OP. It is important now that you are eating as the baby is taking more from you as time progresses. Baby will be needing a decent supply and if you're not eating won't be getting that.

Baby is only tiny at the moment yes, but it's so important to eat a proper diet for baby and you.

Can you manage soup and toast? Start off slow and gradually build your appetite up.

Uiscebeatha85 Sat 02-Jul-16 19:54:21

This happened to me and Gp found ketones in my urine (which is your body breaking down fat instead of carbs) which aren't good for baby. Try little and often and anything at all that helps with the nausea flowers

Cheekymofo Sat 02-Jul-16 23:05:27

Thank you very much. I can drink lots, I'm just totally off my food. I may try those drinks that give you all the nutrients. The name escapes me now.

I'm full of adrenalin atm and getting anything apart from fluid down is pretty much a no. I'll try the soups thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now