Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Finnish Baby Box..

(8 Posts)
ProseccoKiss Fri 01-Jul-16 21:59:40

Has anybody else seen these?? I'm really interested in getting one! They are giving them to new Mum's in a hospital in London but obviously not nationally. Anyone got any opinions or thoughts on them? xx

fabulous01 Fri 01-Jul-16 22:01:22

I think they look fab.

Liz09 Sat 02-Jul-16 06:12:45

We got one (bought it online). We got the Moomin edition one because it was cute. I love it. It has all of the essentials and the quality is lovely. Definitely worth the money, in my opinion (even better if you get it for free in hospital!). I think it's an idea our government here should adopt, now that they've gotten rid of the baby bonus.

We've tried to take into account everyone's warning that you don't need as much "stuff" as you think you do, so we thought buying that and not finding out the gender would limit the amount of unnecessary stuff we'd buy. wink

WiMoChi Sat 02-Jul-16 19:35:45

Love them. I might buy one for this next baba. There's. British company that sell them.

Uiscebeatha85 Sat 02-Jul-16 19:50:06

They're lovely but there is no way in hell I would pay £500 for one. Part of the reason not buying so much stuff that you don't need is not wasting money. I think if you added up the cost of these items individually from Mothercare or similar, there's no way it would add up to 500 quid.

WiMoChi Sat 02-Jul-16 20:01:40

£50 from British baby box. But you don't get loads of stuff. It's this or the Bednest again for us.

I do wish they'd roll out to all.

Annie105 Sat 02-Jul-16 21:10:46

I got one of these as a present and I love it! The clothes are stylish and I will use the box as an extra Moses basket in the house.. I want to get baby used to sleeping not just incomfy sleepyhead snuzpod set up all the time! They are expensive though I disagree on that and if it wasn't a generous present I wouldn't have bought for us x

TwoLittleBlooms Sat 02-Jul-16 21:26:50

I think they are fabulous idea, I believe the ones they are testing out in the NHS are just a box and mattress and information leaflets - unlike the Finnish boxes which contain other items such as clothes and toiletries for baby. The boxes are said to help reduce infant mortality rates - we have one of the highest infant mortality rates in Europe which needs tackling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now