Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

35w with menstrual cramps

(4 Posts)
Sophia1984 Fri 01-Jul-16 16:48:44

Hi everyone,

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have felt like my period is due all day. Not only have I got lower abdominal cramps but I've got the same kind of crampy feeling I normally get in my bum when my period is due, and kind of loose stools (not diarrhea though). I think I'm having Braxton Hicks but I can't tell as baby is always sticking his bum out, which makes my abdomen feel constantly hard. I also have no appetite at all and lower back ache too.

I felt like this on Saturday and ended up at the MAU but as soon as they examined me my stomach softened, baby's heart rate was fine and was in line with his movements, and monitoring didn't show any contractions.

Not sure if it's related, but at midwife appointment yesterday she said engagement is 2/5, but also that my fundal height growth has slowed a bit (it was spot on cm for weeks) but at 33 weeks was only 32.5 and at 35w was only 34.

I do feel quite 'pressured'.

What can I do other than rest and take paracetamol? I don't even know how to monitor how often the Braxton Hicks are coming as I can't tell whether that's what they are! I know having a busy day can bring them on but I've been in bed/on sofa all day.

(Can you tell I'm a first time mum!?)

Donnadoon Fri 01-Jul-16 17:19:37

Aww youre doing the right thing by keeping an eye on yourself and taking it easy. It could very well be your body preparing itself for birth. Or you could go on like this for another few weeks. Nobody knows. Do ring your midwife or triage if youre worried though. Try and relax smile I had two 35 weekers

Donnadoon Fri 01-Jul-16 17:21:05

* And try not to panic either way. Mine weighed 6lb0 and 6lb4 and both perfect

Sophia1984 Fri 01-Jul-16 18:22:46

Thanks Donna :-) I think it's the not knowing that's difficult - I'm someone who likes to plan and be in control and pregnancy is making me confront that! That's good to know you had such healthy babies at this stage :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now