Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Success with Pre-Seed?

(19 Posts)
summerskittles91 Fri 01-Jul-16 14:20:51

I'm usually posting in the conception board - but just wondered if anyone over here had any success using Pre-seed? and whether it is what helped you get your BFP?

Thank you!

bellabelly Fri 01-Jul-16 14:23:44

I used it and feel pregnant first month of using it (after literally years of no bfp). Who knows whether it was the pre-seed that did the trick or just a coincidence but I would say it's definitely worth a go! I was also charting my temps etc so was pretty clued up about likely ovulation time.

FaithAscending Fri 01-Jul-16 14:25:50

Ah it's one of those things - pre-seed won't get you pregnant. What it is is simply a lubricant that won't hinder sperm progress (unlike most lubes).

The best way to get pregnant is to have sex three times a week during your cycle smile

H0p3 Fri 01-Jul-16 14:27:57

I also got my BFP the first month we used it. Again no idea if it helped but it was worth the small investment. We tend to use lube anyway so for conception it replaced our normal stuff and post conception we just carried on using it until it was gone. I for it after reading positive stories on here as lots of people seemed to have had success with it.

bellabelly Fri 01-Jul-16 14:29:12

FELL pregnant - not "feel pregnant", I should say. That pregnancy is now 8-year old twins!

bunnygirl80 Fri 01-Jul-16 14:29:29

I bought some to use, forgot and got pg anyway. Obviously it's so powerful it works from the bathroom cupboard. 😉

summerskittles91 Fri 01-Jul-16 14:31:16

Thanks bellabelly, FaithAscending and H0p3!

I decided to order some just on a impulse! I'll see what happens this cycle.

summerskittles91 Fri 01-Jul-16 14:32:07

bunnygirl80 I actually just burst out laughing, everyone in the office must think I'm crazy - ha!

IamChipmunk Fri 01-Jul-16 16:11:32

Took me 18 months to conceive ds using preseed for the last year of that. So didn't seem to do much!

DC2 only took 3 months and we used conceive plus instead!

It can't hurt as PP have said, it's sperm friendly but I think it's really just down to luck each cycle and sperm and egg being just right.

I spent 18 months with my legs in the air each time too, that didn't help but I did the same with dc2!

seven201 Fri 01-Jul-16 16:27:16

First month we used it we fell pregnant after trying for a while. No idea if it was that or not!

Squid9 Fri 01-Jul-16 16:50:51

We got pregnant on the first month and were using preseed too!

LilyMyOneAndOnly Fri 01-Jul-16 18:17:03

Same, pregnant first month using preseed after 4 months of trying. Worth a go?

Youngoldmum Fri 01-Jul-16 20:00:17

Did nothing for me! Took 14 months to conceive and I only got pregnant the month I stopped looking at dates and ovulation and just had sex when we felt like it. Turns out I ovulated on day 8 according to dating scan, so anything goes!

AngharadTheSplendid Fri 01-Jul-16 20:23:34

Pregnant first month with both dc. Used pre-seed both times! Definitely worth a go.

septembersunshine Sat 02-Jul-16 12:38:02

One month we used Durex play and didn't get pregnant (although it felt very much like I was it didn't happen and I came on a few days late). The next month we tried Pre-seed and I didn't get pregnant again so the next month we just went natural and used nothing and I got pregnant. This is my 4th and I remember we used nothing at all with the others either. I don't think any chemicals agree with my baby making. Best of luck to you - I guess it helps some people so worth a go.

tasmaniandevilchaser Sat 02-Jul-16 13:09:33

Hi, I got pg the first time I used it after 6 months of trying for DC2. I think its success depends on why you're not conceiving. My 'cervical fluid' (aka the egg white type mucus) had definitely decreased in my late 30's and I think the pre seed really helped compensate for that. Good luck!

Thelastusername Sat 02-Jul-16 13:11:29

It's not great. The month we stopped using it, after nearly a year of trying, I got pregnant!

cheapredwine Sat 02-Jul-16 13:48:36

As PP have said, it doesn't actually help conception, just is meant to not hinder it IYSWIM. Unless you actually need lube for intercourse, then I'd definitely avoid it personally

summerskittles91 Mon 04-Jul-16 08:15:24

Thank you everyone for your comments, seems to be a mixed bag so good to know everyones opinions!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now