Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what would you do?

(2 Posts)
Mrschn0804 Thu 30-Jun-16 15:29:43

Ladies I'm hoping you can help with a dilemma.
Basically, we had the most awful birth experience with DS1, and vowed to go to a different hospital should we have another.
I was pregnant with number 2 but had a missed miscarriage at 13 weeks. Because we'd asked to register for maternity care at a different hospital, booking scans/ booking bloods etc was more complicated. (and/or the second hospital was also useless!). Which meant when I miscarried we had still not had any booking bloods taken, or even had a 12 week scan date through.
Now I'm 8 weeks pg and have a midwife appt on Monday where I need to decide which hospital to go to. I so dont want to give birth where I had DS1, but given my history of 2 miscarriages, do want decent antenatal care, and scans on time etc! If I go to the original hospital midwife can book me in for a scan at the time of my booking appointment and take the bloods there and then.

What would you do?
confused

Dlah Thu 30-Jun-16 16:04:14

I'd say go for the first hospital if it's easier in general. Whilst you haven't elaborated on why the original labour was so bad - that doesn't mean it'll happen again.

Chances are different staff, different time, different result and hopefully you'll have a more positive experience

Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now