Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Best maternity tights and leggings

(24 Posts)
ThinkPinkStink Thu 30-Jun-16 14:24:28

I'm 26 weeks and so far have managed to get away without much maternity wear (I've just gone up a couple of clothes sizes and worn more lycra).

However the time for maternity tights and leggings is drawing near (I can't go up another size without baggy knees and tops falling off my shoulders).

I'd like to buy:

A few pairs of black leggings (full length, nice and soft, good quality, wash well)

A few pairs of thickish black tights (60/70 denier)

A few pairs of tan tights (10/15 denier)

I'm a size 16 - with a fairly average size and position bump.

Any recommendations would be super appreciated.

lilygirl81 Thu 30-Jun-16 14:31:02

I've found the boots or asda maternity tights to be great, mothercare ones are awful and rip as soon as you put them on.

Dlah Thu 30-Jun-16 16:07:13

I found a bit of a score - not maternity but comfy as anything and sit well on bump, quite high waisted

Gok Wan jeggings! Lol sold at Sainsburys £20 a pair and still look smart - I've been wearing instead of work trousers

ThinkPinkStink Thu 30-Jun-16 16:36:34

Thanks lily and Dlah - good tip on avoiding Mothercare - it probably would have been my first-stop!

And I'd never have thought of Sainsbury's Gok Wan leggings I'll hotfoot it there at the weekend!

Thanks!!

pooky82 Thu 30-Jun-16 18:00:40

Try M & S for tights....the pair I got lasted so well!!

leoniethelioness Thu 30-Jun-16 18:28:27

Do not buy Mothercare tights. My M & S ones were better but didn't last the day. My Jo Jo Maman Bebe ones lasted two wears. I've given up. I'll look at Asda and Boots if they are cheap. I've spent a small fortune on tights.

Bluebird126 Thu 30-Jun-16 18:31:25

Mothercare leggings are so cheap and flimsy compared to M&S maternity ones, which are great quality and a decent length.

Pinklily1 Thu 30-Jun-16 21:41:23

I have black tights from New Look which are great, and tan ones from Mothercare. I'd read awful reviews of the Mothercare ones on the website and on here, but I've found them fine - they do ladder, but I'd say no more so than bog standard non-maternity tan tights from the likes of M&S.

For leggings, I'd avoid Topshop ones. Mine were great in early pregnancy, but now I'm bigger (almost 32 weeks), the band sits right on the middle part of my bump and isn't very comfortable.

RochelleGoyle Thu 30-Jun-16 22:17:26

M&S for maternity tights. Also just bought some leggings from there which seem good but not washed yet.

ChatterNatterer Thu 30-Jun-16 22:33:56

I got two pairs of black maternity tights from HnM at about 12 weeks and touch wood at 26 weeks still all good smile

Sanch1 Fri 01-Jul-16 02:15:53

I found primark of all places best for tights and new look for leggings.

threadender Fri 01-Jul-16 03:45:22

M&S tights and Next maternity leggings. I wore the leggings all the time and they were still in good enough condition to pass on to someone else

ThinkPinkStink Fri 01-Jul-16 13:12:59

Thanks all,

I have bought a couple of pairs of leggings and some tights from M&S.

I'll give them a go.

AmbridgeGirl Fri 01-Jul-16 13:38:27

I've just bought a twin pack of maternity leggings from ASOS. Reasonably priced and very good. They stop a bit above the ankle as I mistakenly thought we might get some sun this summer (!) and wanted to wear them with ballet flats. Good luck on the search!

ThinkPinkStink Fri 01-Jul-16 13:44:57

You know what, I've never bought anything from ASOS, and I really should - our office takes more ASOS deliveries than any other type of post.

I'll take a look...

user1472474119 Mon 29-Aug-16 14:27:43

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

April241 Mon 29-Aug-16 15:03:06

Im 31+3 and bought new maternity leggings as my old leggings weren't cutting it anymore, got two pairs in new look for £14.99 and they're brilliant! Really good fit on the legs, nice fit round the tum and no baggy bum or anything. Would definitely recommend.

April241 Mon 29-Aug-16 15:04:48

Oops, old thread blush

user1472474119 Mon 29-Aug-16 15:25:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

DanniAngelMummy Mon 29-Aug-16 16:48:12

Hey I think people have already said..
I don't generally buy anything from h and m but their maternity leggings are great, so comfy, I'm living in them!! And asda for tights smile xx

Jojo13 Mon 29-Aug-16 19:15:38

I found Matalan tights and leggings really good and so reasonable x

Arborea Mon 29-Aug-16 19:55:08

New Look and Dorothy Perkins leggings are cheap and comfy, but do bobble between the legs (am not planning another child so am not bothered).

I liked my H&M tan tights but M&S definitely better quality, although 1 pair has washed very pale while the other is still quite tan.

Pops1985 Tue 30-Aug-16 09:53:38

Another fan of ASOS maternity leggings, only advice is maybe don't go up a size, the first lot I ordered I did and they were huge. Also, I went for the petite full length ones that stop at my ankle, I originally ordered the full length ones and they were for someone much taller than me (5'6). Thank god for the free delivery and free returns!

toomanybooks88 Tue 30-Aug-16 11:35:26

I think I would have balked at the price of them had I got them full whack, but the maternity leggings Boob make (called 'Once-On-Never-Off Leggings) are completely dreamy. And they are exactly as labelled –I wore mine for about two weeks straight before the weather got hot! So soft and silky and stretchy, and the bump band comes right up. I think they'll last as regular leggings post-pregnancy, too. They only thing about them is that they are slightly see through (as someone pointed out to my horror in a yoga class...) so you need to wear a long top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now