Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nub theory gender predictions

(9 Posts)
bumblebee86 Wed 29-Jun-16 20:58:17

I've heard people talking about predicting gender using the 'nub theory' - what is this? Is it very accurate?

bumblebee86 Fri 01-Jul-16 22:25:12

Anyone got any information on this or good at guessing gender from scans?

Liz09 Fri 01-Jul-16 22:46:50

I didn't ask at my scans because I wanted to keep the gender a surprise, but I know that it was accurate for one of my friends, and inaccurate for another (both had/having girls).

FuzzyOwl Fri 01-Jul-16 22:48:04

If the baby's nub is horizontal or below 30 degrees, it indicates a girl and if it is above it is a boy. Both of mine were correct but I have no idea how accurate it really is overall.

Northernlurker Fri 01-Jul-16 22:54:33

What's the nub? hmm

FuzzyOwl Fri 01-Jul-16 23:07:19

The genitals. Something you can quite easily Google, Northern.

Here is a link to the nub theory

Propertyquandry Fri 01-Jul-16 23:12:18

I think it's considered very accurate if the baby is in exactly the correct position. Also if it is between something like 11-13wks. I think after 13wks the genitalia starts to become clearer and the girl nub starts to shrink back.

Propertyquandry Fri 01-Jul-16 23:15:20

I thinks it's considered girly if the nub looks near parallel to the spine. The more angled upwards and away from the line of the spine, the more chance it's a boy. (Apparently) I can't tell anything on an ultrasound.

bumblebee86 Sat 02-Jul-16 09:55:51

Thanks everyone, I've had my dating scan and for fun was trying to guess, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I think I can see a 'nub' but I don't know if I'm just trying to see one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now