Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Covered in stretch marks!

(7 Posts)
Chickz Wed 29-Jun-16 10:56:17

Hello. I hope I don't sound shallow but I'm in the latter stages of my second pregnancy and my belly is totally covered in stretch marks. After my first pregnancy I got quite a lot but this time around they seem to have tripled.
I feel like I've followed all advice - my weight gain is not excessive for my build, I've been eating well and drinking water and also using creams morning and night. I know none of this probably makes a difference as its genetics and we all do have them in my family but I can't even bear to look at myself naked. I know it's beuatiful that I'm carrying a gorgeous baby and maybe this is just what needs to happen for baby to grow inside. But I jyst feel so sick looking at myself naked and can't bear it. I have been hiding my belly from my partner. I also get so embarrassed at my mid wife checks - they must think I am part tiger!
It doesn't help that I see pics of mummy celebs in their bikinis with not a stretch mark in sight. How do they do it? Do they even eat? I feel like I have got such a raw deal as I got loads from puberty on my hips and legs and bum too.
I don't know what I'm looking for by posting this - maybe when my gorgeous baby arrives that will distract me from these feelings. Although I have started looking into tummy tuck surgery - but the prices are scary! Also I don't think it can remove stretch marks above the belly button which is a shame.
Anyone else feeling that they are having trouble accepting their body?

Move2WY Wed 29-Jun-16 12:00:55

Stretch marks are nothing to do with food. Celebs will have theirs photoshopped out.
Yours will fade. Be proud of how fantastic your body is to have created and to give birth to another human being. Don't be ashamed of a body that is doing what it is designed to do.

I am exactly the same and hate how they look but also know that in a year they will be barely visible and I have a baby to distract me. They are already fading now a month after giving birth.

thecatsarecrazy Wed 29-Jun-16 13:40:25

I remember looking in the mirror part way through my first pregnancy and was so shocked and disappointed at my stretch marks. They did fade alot though.

NewStartNewName Wed 29-Jun-16 17:17:03

Stretch marks are a small price to pay for children, they will fade in time and they will just be part of you - I'm covered in them after 3DCs. Your DH/P won't even notice them, and if he does he won't care. Chin up and embrace them.

Chickz Wed 29-Jun-16 20:12:52

Thank you all. It's just that mine don't fade. The ones on my hips bum and legs have been there since 18 and still so noticeable.
I will try and think positively about them but just feel so depressed about how bad my body looks.

Pandora2016 Thu 30-Jun-16 09:59:41

Bio oil.

Batboobs Thu 30-Jun-16 11:50:54

The secret with celebrities, is that they often induce their pregnancies several weeks early, they have access to laser treatments postnatally, and mini tummy tucks etc are the norm.

If you're not super rich, it's down to luck of the draw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now