Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy - urine infection - shower gel

(3 Posts)
sharon2016 Mon 27-Jun-16 18:14:23

Hi all,

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and pretty sure I now have my second urine infection. I've never had them before being pregnant but I am told they are very common in pregnancy. I'm going to the doctor to have a urine test and get any necessary tablets again.

Can anyone recommend anyways to avoid getting a urine infection again? I was also wondering if anyone can recommend any natural shower gels as I heard that perfumed ones (that I use) are not very good for 'down there'!

Thanks X

seven201 Mon 27-Jun-16 18:39:58

Drink lots and lots of water to help prevent.

whyistherenoavocadoemoji Mon 27-Jun-16 18:43:52

Things you can do:

- drink LOADS of water daily
- take cranberry capsules (do not drink the juice - it's sweetened with so much sugar which feeds the bacteria and makes it worse)
- make sure you're peeing before/after sex (if you think that might be a trigger)

I think there are a few brands of shower stuff which is ok for down there - I know Canestan do one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now