Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain in my right leg. Really hurts

(4 Posts)
LittlePeterRabbitAndHisFly Mon 27-Jun-16 16:23:54

I have had it for a couple of weeks now by today it's awful. It's mainly in my calf muscle but it's in my foot, and hurts just under my bum in the side too. Like burning inside the muscle. It's really strange. It also hurts on the bone in my shin.

For the past week as well the palms of my hands are really hurting and my wrists.

It's just constant bloody pain.

I have an appointment in Thursday for it but does anyone have any idea what it is or what I can do to help it?

I'm 30 weeks pregnant

AprilLoveJ Mon 27-Jun-16 17:34:46

I had pre-existing pain problems particularly in legs and back (muscles/joints) before pregnancy so wouldn't want to comment on that.

However I had new pain issues during pregnancy with arms, wrists and hands and was told it was carpal tunnel syndrome which is apparently common during pregnancy. It went away completely after having little one. I made sure to stop sleeping on my arms/hands as this really worsened it. I recall sleeping on my back with arms bent so my hands were palm up next to my head on pillow, like I was doing jazz hands in my sleep confused of course I always woke up in a different position!

You are right pregnancy is constant pain for some. I was in pain 24/7 and it was agony at times with nothing I could do to help it effectively. Sorry you feel like this op. Hope it passes for you, it could just be temporary, fingers crossed. Let's hope you get some help on Thursday. Just try to relax and elevate your feet or whatever position is most comfortable. Maybe somebody better can come along and give some advice. smile

LittlePeterRabbitAndHisFly Mon 27-Jun-16 18:20:34

Thanks for your reply, I'll probably have to cancel Thursday because I forgot an important meeting! Hope they can get me in another time

mayhew Mon 27-Jun-16 21:13:55

Pain in the leg in pregnancy is sometimes caused by a blood clot which must be treated. Call your maternity unit this evening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now