Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

help! breeched at 36+5 anyone had anything similar?

(8 Posts)
Snow123 Mon 27-Jun-16 15:30:38

Help! Ive just got back from the midwife and been told my baby is breeched (I'm 36 + 5) has anyone had any experiences of this and ECV? Or has their baby turned on their own at this stage? Going for scans tomorrow to ascertain the complete position but now I'm worried!

seven201 Mon 27-Jun-16 15:42:54

I had a failed ecv at a little before 38 weeks. I'm glad we tried. Had a c-section at 39 weeks and currently have a 12 day old sleeping on my chest smile

Snow123 Mon 27-Jun-16 16:26:21

Congratulations! Was the ecv painful/did they say why it didn't work? How long after did you have the caesarean?

seven201 Mon 27-Jun-16 16:43:31

Where I am they give it 3 goes within the appointment and scan/monitor between each attempt that the baby isn't distressed. He was very clear that he wouldn't force it. The first attempt he managed to turn her one eighth but after she just wouldn't shift. She had her ankles by her shoulders when she came out so not sure if that made her less likely to turn but breech babies do run in my family. Between the 5 babies my sisters and I have had 4 of 5 were breech! Had c-section 9 days later at exactly 39 weeks and I'm recovering really well - feel better than when pregnant but I did have a shit pregnancy!

seven201 Mon 27-Jun-16 16:44:29

It was wincy in places but definitely bare able, I just stared at the ceiling and breathed though it.

KatamariDamacy Mon 27-Jun-16 17:26:00

Plenty of time for baby to turn - all of my 3 DC have turned on their own at around 38-39 weeks. Look at spinning babies website. Also moxibustion (an acupuncture technique) may help.

Cantstringawordtogether Mon 27-Jun-16 17:32:28

Definitely still time for baby to turn itself. My ds3 was breech right up to around 37 weeks, went head down and then went transverse by my next check-up! He continued changing position literally right up until he delivered (and he was 9lb 12 so not as if he had loads of room in there). My cons was willing to attempt breech delivery though and I wasn't offered ecv.

Nottalotta Mon 27-Jun-16 21:29:54

Ds was breech all through my pregnancy. I refused ECV - I'm sure you will but do read up on it. The risks were just too awful to contemplate. Ds was born by planned cs at 38+7.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now