Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Uti pain or early labour...29 weeks and scared

(12 Posts)
Huesofblue Mon 27-Jun-16 06:37:11

Morning all,

I've had a persistent ti since being 8 weeks pregnant with DC3 which has been resistant to six treatments of antibiotics. Funnily enough though, I haven't had any symptoms, they've all been picked up in repeat urine tests.

Since yesterday evening though, I've had diarrhoea, constant lower back pain and waves of period type pain across my lower abdomen. I can't say that they're contraction-like as the waves are literally every ten to thirty seconds. I'm currently sitting in my third bath since 9pm last night and the co-codamol isn't touching the pain. I also have considerable pressure as if I need a poo and I feel very tender between my legs if that makes sense? Baby, whose movements I don't feel very often due to an anterior placenta, has been extremely active overnight.

I'll be ringing the midwife as soon as they turn they're mobiles on at 9am. Pointless ringing earlier as the call goes through to the maternity ward and they'll want me to come straight in. I have two ds's to get to school by 8.50 so it's just not possible. Luckily, my dad is hot-footing it over by half eight to do the school run.

Problem is, I've never been in labour or had so much as a Braxton hick in my previous pregnancies as they've been planned sections at 37 weeks. I have no idea what is causing this pain and I'm getting increasingly scared.

Not sure why I'm posting, may just need a bit of hand holding until I can speak to the midwife.

Afreshstartplease Mon 27-Jun-16 06:40:32

Hand hold

Can your dad not come over earlier op? Do you have a partner?

ALOT could happen by 9am and I think you need to get checked out sooner, that way if you are going into labour they could give drugs to try and stop it

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Mon 27-Jun-16 06:42:26

I second getting help with the older children sooner if you can and get yourself over to the hospital to get checked out.

Hopefully it's nothing but better to be safe than sorry.

LittlePeterRabbitAndHisFly Mon 27-Jun-16 06:45:12

It could be either. I had a bad UTI at 19 weeks. No symptoms apart from that I was convinced I was in early labour. It was awful just like you describe.

But you need to get seen to ASAP really. They will probably monitor you for a bit and take a swab to check for a hormone that will tell them if you're in labour or not

Huesofblue Mon 27-Jun-16 06:45:51

I will phone my dad now afreshstart. Hospital is 30 miles away so he can't get me there, sort the (currently sleeping) children out and get them to school by 8.50 in any case. Plus, I don't want them to go to school being scared. The pain isn't getting any worse, which is a positive, as it's been at the same level since yesterday evening.

My partner has already gone to work 200 miles away.

LittlePeterRabbitAndHisFly Mon 27-Jun-16 07:19:42

Ok. Get the children to school and get straight down there then. Try to find someone who can collect them just in case you're kept in but I'm sure it will be fine.

Huesofblue Mon 27-Jun-16 07:22:14

Thanks littlepeterrabbit. My dad is already on his way over and I've made arrangements for after school childcare until 7pm just in case.

LittlePeterRabbitAndHisFly Mon 27-Jun-16 07:40:27

That's good. I'm 30 weeks, so pretty similar to you, with an anterior placenta too. Sometimes I can't feel him at all and sometimes he moves so his feet are kicking out and I can feel him loads.

Fingers crossed for you

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Mon 27-Jun-16 09:51:05

Hope all is well OP and it's just your infection causing the pain. Perhaps this time they'll keep you in for IV antibiotics to get rid of it!

Afreshstartplease Mon 27-Jun-16 11:48:53

Any news op!? Hope your OK

LittlePeterRabbitAndHisFly Mon 27-Jun-16 15:38:54

Is everything ok?

PoppitFox Wed 29-Jun-16 11:09:18

how are you op? x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now