Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I am driving myself round the bend

(9 Posts)
BabooshkaKate Sat 25-Jun-16 23:17:23

I am 6 days late and, according to Dr Google, 4 weeks pregnant. My period should have ENDED yesterday but it hasn't even started yet. I only had sex twice since my last period and both times were with a condom. I POAS this afternoon and that came back negative. Despite this I am extremely paranoid, and not only because the test cost £1.

- Is my period late because I am stressing over Brexit?
- Do I feel sick because I am anxious and had a few drinks last night or is this morning sickness?
- Is that implantation cramping or did I just stretch in a funny way?
- Did I fall asleep on the train because I am pregnant or because I am tired from waking up at 6am every day for work?

I am going to take a second test in the morning just in case there wasn't enough hormone in my pee (I have been drinking a lot of water today).

A baby wouldn't be catastrophic but it isn't ideal timing either. If I was pregnant this time next year then I would just get on with it. But a baby now would make life awkward and difficult;

- I have been drinking and am worried that baby will have brain damage as the first 6 weeks are especially delicate for baby's development.
- I am trying to leave my job, which I hate. The thought of staying with those nasty people as I grow huge and emotional is very stressful. The thought of starting a new job and having shitty maternity pay is also stressful.
- DP is a student and so we are a one income household. His bursary only just covers his rent.
- We live in a one bedroom flat. Baby would have to sleep in the chest of drawers or something.
- I would like to buy a house but live in London so hahaha confused

I don't really know why I am posting. It all feels so complicated and awful and I just want to cry. I am pro-choice but I don't know whether I would be able to have an abortion personally. Thankfully I have never had to face the choice in the 6 years DP and I have been together. Maybe this will all be a false alarm and I'll feel silly but right now I am tying myself up in knots and checking due dates and thinking I should stock up while the sales are on sad

sizethree Sun 26-Jun-16 07:27:04

As you're 6 late and you've tested negative (even with afternoon pee, being 6 days late is likely to give an accurate result and cheapo tests work.) I personally think you're in the clear.
It sounds like there's a lot going on to stress you out, which can make your body a bit off kilter.
Have a relaxing day and crack open some wine with lunch.
Hope AF rocks up soon.

BeardMinge Sun 26-Jun-16 12:24:57

Calm down.

You had sex twice using a condom, and tests have come back negative.

Read the above and ask yourself how likely it is that you are pregnant.

Also, if by some miracle you were, drinking at this stage is unlikely to cause any damage as you aren't even sharing a blood supply with the clump of cells.

My advice? a) It's probably stress, and b) step away from Google.

MrsJoeyMaynard Sun 26-Jun-16 14:04:32

Try to calm down.

If you've had sex twice, with condoms, and negative tests so far, it's likely you're not pregnant. Stress can throw your cycle off so it may just be that.

Plus, even if you are pregnant, I think the blood supply between mother and baby is only just starting to form about now, so previous drinking is unlikely to have affected any baby.

BabooshkaKate Sun 26-Jun-16 14:11:20

Thanks, all. This morning was negative as well so I'm going to put this down to stress and hope that AF visits soon.

DP is more chilled about this than me envy

BabooshkaKate Wed 29-Jun-16 15:09:55

Oh this is torture. Tested negative AGAIN and period is 8 days late. I am exhausted today and sitting at work not doing anything because I can't take my mind off my Shrödinger's pregnancy.

2yummymummy2 Wed 29-Jun-16 16:41:55

Despite common belief, it's actually perfectly normal to have a late period or experience period changes as you age

If the test was negative then it's 99% accurate and you're not pregnant

Babymouse Wed 29-Jun-16 17:17:52

You've probably ovulated late. I had the same issue this month and finally af arrived a week late. Hope af comes soon.

GashleyCrumbTiny Thu 30-Jun-16 11:44:39

You've had three negatives out of three. Calm yourself! Your period is just late for some other random utterly non-baby related reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now