Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this SPD or something else?

(4 Posts)
SLP93 Sat 25-Jun-16 20:28:32

I'm 26 weeks pregnant and in so much pain around my crotch area. It's a real achy pain, kinda like my vag and the surrounding area has had the crap beaten out of it. I'm struggling to walk and it hurts to lift my legs in and out of my underwear or trousers. I'm also experiencing some sudden sharp pains here and there, as though somebody has poked a very sharp pencil inside my vagina.

Not sure if the two things are related and whether they're normal in pregnancy.

DesignedForLife Sat 25-Jun-16 21:06:48

Sounds like PGP (formerly known as SPD) to me! Phone your midwife for a chat, and try to get a referral to physio ASAP, it's very worth it!

ChocolateTeacup Sun 26-Jun-16 06:39:36

Sounds very like it, get a physio referral they can give you support belts and crutches, and don't let them fob you off until you get treatment and support

Sophia1984 Sun 26-Jun-16 22:10:13

Yep - sounds exactly like my symptoms and I have been diagnosed with SPD/PGP. I've got what feels like a pulled groin muscle combined with a swollen crotch - joy! If you get a referral to the physio they can give you a tube support belt and crutches if you need them. Also, you can take paracetamol constantly (well, 4 doses a day) with no impact on baby - physios recommend it's better to build up the amount in your system than just take it occasionally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now