Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

which anti colic bottles to buy?

(13 Posts)
Craftycakey15 Sat 25-Jun-16 17:54:59

So I'm starting to but stuff for my first baby and want to buy the best anti-colic bottles. I heard that Dr Brown bottles leak and was wondering if any one had tried Mam? Or any others they can recommend. How many do I need? I really don't know much about what I need to buy. Thank you

Waterlemon Sat 25-Jun-16 18:15:54

I had mam but don't think the brand of bottles really make much difference, but some babies prefer certain teat shapes or flow type.

icklekid Sat 25-Jun-16 18:17:45

Yes mam or dr brown seem to be most popular. Never heard of dr browns leaking! I think Tommy tippee have started to produce one with a similar to dr brown here

Icklepickle101 Sat 25-Jun-16 18:25:28

I had mam and they were okay but now have dr brown and love them.

They have leaked while shaking a few times but mostly if I forget to put the sealing discs in!! They've never leaked while feeding!

moobeana Sat 25-Jun-16 19:30:45

My Dr Brown bottles have never leaked! 2 children and many many bottle later I whole heartedly recommend them.
Even for the simple reason that I could order the next size tests to come with my tesco home deliveries!

Craftycakey15 Sat 25-Jun-16 20:04:03

Really? I read quite a few reviews online saying Dr Browns bottles leaked. I might get one of each and see. Stupid question maybe but how many bottles do you think I need to buy?

Dogsmom Sat 25-Jun-16 21:25:45

Dr Brown's leak if you shake them, we used them and to stop the leak we'd shake them then unscrew/rescrew the lid and it resealed them.
We had 4 of them although 6 would've been better as we used to make a days worth of feeds and keep them in the fridge.

moobeana Sat 25-Jun-16 21:52:53

True, we used to swirl the bottles rather than shake. So perhaps a vigorous shake would have caused a leak.
We had 4 bottles too, but we mixed fed, so only around 2 bottles a day.

peasofcake Sat 25-Jun-16 21:58:03

Mam has the added bonus of being able to sterilise with just a microwave. 6 should be enough as long as you are ok with feeling like your always sterilising.

Ellarose85 Sat 25-Jun-16 22:01:39

Dr Browns have only leaked for me if the contents was too hot!

Frillsandspillsx2 Sat 25-Jun-16 23:25:25

Dr Browns have only leaked when the water was too hot for me too. You can buy separate storage lids for them. I got mine in the set with the microwavable steriliser but you can buy them from Amazon. I used them til the bottle was the right temperature then I put the tube/teat on.

Craftycakey15 Sat 25-Jun-16 23:57:07

Thanks all

Dixiechick17 Sun 26-Jun-16 20:41:36

I used MAM when I stopped Breastfeeding and my DD definitely preferred them to other bottles. I liked that I could sterilise them easily in the microwave if I was at a friends or family members house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now