Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ultrasound question

(4 Posts)
Bubs33 Fri 24-Jun-16 11:41:46

Hi there,
I'm 7 wks and 3 days so I wouldn't be expecting to go for my scan till around the 12 wks mark. However, I'm going to Australia for a month on 23rd July (I'll be 11 wks). Do you think they will allow an early scan? Otherwise 1)I cannot tell anyone until after I get back or 2) I'm going to be almost 17 weeks when I return. Can anyone help?

livinginabox Fri 24-Jun-16 11:47:15

I would call and ask them if you could have an appointment before you go. The 12 week scan is an important screening scan and can't be done after 14 weeks. Otherwise you could get it done in Oz?

Bubs33 Fri 24-Jun-16 11:50:52

Exactly, that's what I thought. I haven't actually had my first doctors appointment yet, it's on Monday, so at least I can ask my GP. It's been 4 years since my last baby and I'm a bit rusty lol X

Liss85 Fri 24-Jun-16 22:41:04

You could probably get an earlier scan but if you want the nuchal translucency test then there's only a certain window which is about 12-14 weeks in which they can do it. There are other screening tests you can have done instead though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now