Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

GTT Side Effects?

(7 Posts)
ChocolateTeacup Thu 23-Jun-16 17:47:08

Hi All

I had my GTT this morning felt awful but expected that, but have now got diarrhoea, is this to be expected following the GTT or completely unrelated??

Nevlet Thu 23-Jun-16 17:52:58

I felt fine before during and after mine... I know that doesn't help much but I had heard so many horror stories of feeling awful about it that a positive story be a bit of help!

ChocolateTeacup Thu 23-Jun-16 17:54:31

Yep it does, just confused as to whether it was related smile

Kstar8 Thu 23-Jun-16 17:59:36

I felt fine after mine but was expecting to feel awful after hearing horror stories!
Did you eat lots afterwards? I was so hungry as I wasn't able to eat until midday by the time I got home that I binged on whatever I could find.
If you ate a lot you may have given yourself a funny tummy that way?

ChocolateTeacup Thu 23-Jun-16 18:14:08

No more than normal, I don't like a lot of food at the moment so I have to force my self to eat anything :/ I had a croissant at home for breakfast and a cheese toastie at lunchtime so nothing excessive, just felt off ever since the drink and diarrhoea from mid afternoon onwards

Nevlet Thu 23-Jun-16 18:20:01

You arent meant to eat for 12 hours before the test so maybe that had something to do with it?

ChocolateTeacup Thu 23-Jun-16 18:49:17

Sorry I wasn't clear Nevlet, I stopped eating by 8pm last night had test one at 8:30 this morning then test two just after 10:30 got home at 11ish before I ate anything smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now