Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pink discharge, 32 weeks, what would the NHS do?

(7 Posts)
ramificate Thu 23-Jun-16 16:51:24

Realise the only answer to this is "call the midwives to get checked out" but just wondered whether you think this is something I actually NEED to call the midwives about.

32 weeks. Have marginal placenta previa. I have been told "you may have some bleeding," though until today, nothing.

I went to the loo and wiped myself and just noticed that the wipe was "tinted" ever so slightly pink. I wiped again, and there it was again. I had some discharge on crotch of my knickers and wiped it with the tissue and again it was light light pink.

Have since been to the loo, checked knickers, wiped, whatever, it's all stopped.

Had a very stressful day yesterday with a work deadline and some bad news and had a bit of a meltdown yesterday evening feeling like I couldn't cope. Have certainly felt emotionally exhausted, but not felt anything physical is wrong.

If I call them, they're going to say come in and let us check you. But that's because I'm private (live overseas, here to have baby) and they are very thorough. It's a fag because the hospital is a long drive away, I have a load of plans etc, but if I start this whole process of calling and asking, I'll have to go.

What do you think it was? What would the NHS do?

Sanch1 Thu 23-Jun-16 16:58:33

If you have placenta previa and slight bleeding call triage. They will advise what to do next. There is no other answer to your question.

Peeporeader Thu 23-Jun-16 17:00:22

The NHS would tell you to go in.

ramificate Thu 23-Jun-16 17:02:04

Is pink discharge bleeding?

LittlePeterRabbitAndHisFly Thu 23-Jun-16 17:03:34

NHS would usually tell you to go in. Monitor movements and have a look at your cervix

MintTpls Thu 23-Jun-16 18:03:01

If you are advised to go in to be checked out, make sure you have some essentials with u I case you need to stay in overnight etc. I had placenta previa and it was only a teeny bit of blood that first time and got caught out with nothing but my notes with me. Subsequent visits I wised up and brought overnight stuff with me.
Bring your phone charger!

lenibose Thu 23-Jun-16 18:06:22

I had PP. I also had pink discharge. Please call your midwife ASAP. I was having a C section 6 hours after my pink discharge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now