Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm really struggling with weight gain

(5 Posts)
Isitmeyourlooking4 Thu 23-Jun-16 14:30:10

Currently put 2and half stone on in 35 weeks. I feel huge, disgusting and unattractive. My thighs are huge! I'm a plus size girl anyway, so really don't need the extra weight! 😪😪 argh!!!

DesignedForLife Thu 23-Jun-16 20:55:26

Not long and you'll lose over a stone in one day ;) The weight of amniotic fluid and placenta is usually the same as the weight of the baby, so if you have a 8lb baby, you'll lose another 8lbs on top of that overnight. Then if you breastfeed you'll burn a load of extra calories each day.

Try to not let it get to you, lots of walking with the pram after baby's born and hopefully you'll feel a lot better about yourself!

confusedandemployed Thu 23-Jun-16 20:57:42

Not long to go! I put on a stone in the first 10 weeks. Followed by another 3stone...

It went pretty soon after. Good luck flowers

Funtimelem Thu 23-Jun-16 21:00:01

I'm worried too because I am a size 22 and I can only seem to eat junk at the mo, can't be good. But I'm keeping up my walking now and I will after the baby. I am also in a group of plus size people who concentrate on fitness and don't worry about the whole weight thing. It's really boosted my confidence.

Kidneybean2016 Sat 25-Jun-16 20:45:36

It's so hard. I feel the same. Haven't ventured on the scales in weeks and sick of people's comments at work. Was sure my husband thought I was exaggerating until he heard a colleague tell me that I looked like an elephant and was I sure I'm not having twins. Just thinking about all the walking I can do when the baby is here x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now