Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bumped my bump :-(

(7 Posts)
QueenMolotov Tue 21-Jun-16 15:27:51

I'm 27w pg with dc3. Bump is growing by the day and I'm not used to how much my tummy sticks out - so much so that I miscalculated a gap and opened the car door on my bump :-(

It was tender for 15 mins or so. It feels okay now; maybe a little tender if I rub that spot. The baby has moved since.

He'll be okay, won't he? There's lots of cushioning and fluid around him, right?

Quodlibet Tue 21-Jun-16 15:30:18

Yep he'll be fine. Try being pregnant with an enthusiastic toddler - bump gets buffeted all bloody day. There would be no second children if bumps were that delicate.

QueenMolotov Tue 21-Jun-16 16:05:15

Ah yes, my eldest is 7yo and youngest is 4yo - they're both very gentle with me!

Kariana Tue 21-Jun-16 17:57:37

At least you didn't sob like a child when you did it, which is how I reacted when I bumped my bump blush. It was definitely hormones, I felt a huge rush of protective instinct, tried to hold it together and managed about 60 seconds before I burst into tears. Luckily I was at home but my husband thought I was slightly insane - I'm not normally one for crying at all!

Your baby will be fine though, don't worry smile

cheapredwine Tue 21-Jun-16 20:59:35

If you're rhesus negative you'll probably need an anti-D injection especially if you've not had the standard one yet (which I should remember, but think it's at about 28 weeks?) Definitely call midwife if you are Rh-.

QueenMolotov Wed 22-Jun-16 11:15:10

Thanks everyone for your replies. Fortunately, I'm not Rh-

LittleLionMansMummy Wed 22-Jun-16 11:58:15

They're ridiculously well cushioned - the female body is a marvel! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now