Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Quick question about mid-wife appointments.

(6 Posts)
Louisa111 Tue 21-Jun-16 08:48:27

This is my second pregnancy and apart from my booking in appointment I'm not seeing a midwife again until I'm nearly 19 weeks. Is this right?? I know the further along you go you see them
Quite often but this seems like a big gap between my 3 month scan and midwife??

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 21-Jun-16 08:54:39

I'm having my second baby too. I had my booking app at 8 weeks, my 12 week scan, a midwife app when I was 17 weeks, got my 20 week scan (I'm actually 21+3) tomorrow and then I don't have another midwife appointment until August, when I'll be 26 weeks.
It does feel like a big gap between appointments, but I'm quite happy with that! Seemed like first time round I was having all these appointments, getting poked and prodded....I'm happy to be left alone to get on with it this time as long as scans and bloods show everything is ok!

RNBrie Tue 21-Jun-16 08:55:12

Where I am you book in an then there is the 12 week scan (no midwife) and then there is a 16 week appt, then you don't see a midwife again until 28 weeks (but there is the 20 week scan)

You're advise to call if anything is worrying you but assuming all is well, they don't need to see you for ages!

Sanch1 Tue 21-Jun-16 08:55:50

For second pregnancy its normally 16 weeks, scan at 20 weeks, then 28 weeks. Maybe yours is too booked up to see you earlier? The NHS website has a list of appointments to expect.

Louisa111 Wed 22-Jun-16 21:24:41

Thankyou, it's good in one way less appointments but I just wanted to make sure, will check the website x

Pearlman Wed 22-Jun-16 21:49:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now