Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Antenatal appointment No Hospital notes!

(5 Posts)
poopoopoo Tue 21-Jun-16 05:01:44

I went to an appointment with a consultant at 25 weeks, they did not have my notes from previous births. My previous pregnancies were not perfect but the outcomes were good! My son (who is now 7) was Breech so I had an emergency Caesarean. This appointment was all a bit comical really! (Waiting time 2 hrs, to be expected) My maternity notes said previous pregnancies as Retarded Inter-uterine Growth- well I read this as 'my kids were a bit small'. He mentioned this and I replied that "well I am a small person I guess" However the consultant asked me how were my children, I said "they are great, they are at school" Then he said "good for you". Now I was not really getting his drift here. But after the appointment realised thinking about his tone of voice that he must have thought my kids have a learning difficulty or disability of some kind. My kids do not, but not that that should matter, I just felt it was all a bit strange, he treated me as if there was something wrong. I am of average height, my uterus must be on the small side! My kids weighed around 6lb at birth. I would like to know how other people might politely address this point next time the saw the consultant? I thought about taking a film of my kids to show him?!?

Maybebabybee Tue 21-Jun-16 05:05:07

You're overthinking it.

poopoopoo Tue 21-Jun-16 18:00:49

Thanks, your probably right Maybebabybee. I was hoping they would have the notes so I could discuss the birth. Oh well they should have them for the next appointment. I was also dissapointed they no longer let you look around the birthing suite; you have to go online for a virtual tour! I am not bad with a computer and I still have not found the thing.

mummydoc123 Tue 21-Jun-16 19:54:43

Why not just ask the consultant what his concerns are at your next appointment? Then you can have a straight forward discussion with you both on the same page.

poopoopoo Thu 07-Jul-16 18:17:41

Well, I went to the next appointment and still no notes. They now say they will get them ASAP and they have been stored externally. So I am still not able to make an informed decision about the birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now