Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Which are the best pregnancy vitamins to take?

(9 Posts)
bumblebee86 Mon 20-Jun-16 23:10:36

I've been taken Centrum During Pregnang vitamins since I found out I was pregnant but now need to buy some more and wondered if there are a particular brand that is meant to best?

Britnyspears Mon 20-Jun-16 23:38:33

I like Solgar- Pre Natal.

plimsolls Mon 20-Jun-16 23:42:07

I've got Biocare Pregnancy and Lactation. Were recommended to me by a few people. Despite my occasional self-diagnosed vitamin deficiencies (all actually non-existent!), all my blood tests for things have come back good and I generally feel well with no adverse side effects.

bumblebee86 Tue 21-Jun-16 09:21:56

Thank you, I'll have a look at those.
There seem to be so many about, it's hard to know if they are all as good as each other or if some are better than others and obviously I wanted to make sure I'm getting everything I and the baby needs smile

WordGetsAround Tue 21-Jun-16 09:24:18

If you are eating semi-decently the baby will get everything it needs!

I know a few people who have been very sick with things like pregnacare, so if you get sick, stop taking them for a while to check it's not the pills!

StarkyTheDirewolf Tue 21-Jun-16 09:47:54

Tesco pregnancy melts. They're really nice!

imwithspud Tue 21-Jun-16 09:52:06

I liked the Seven Seas ones. I found the pregnacare ones smelt and tasted funny and were difficult to swallow.

dementedpixie Tue 21-Jun-16 09:54:23

All you really need is folic acid and vitamin d

pulpi Wed 22-Jun-16 06:05:10

I've been taking the Boots Pregnancy Support vitamins all the way through, but you will also get free ones off the NHS from your midwife (unless this is a Scotland only thing) that only have folic acid and vitamin D.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now