Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

**Please Help**

(7 Posts)
Melons1982 Mon 20-Jun-16 12:37:54

Hi There,

I'm really hoping that someone can help or give some advice with the below:
I have the mirena coil fitted and will have had this one for 3 years in a couple of weeks time.
I don't have periods at all with this (which is perfectly normal), so every now and then I do a pregnancy test to double check that it is working and also because I would have no idea that I was pregnant until much later on in the pregnancy otherwise.
Last week (Thursday 16th June) - I took a Sainsburys Digital pregnancy test and was shocked that it came up Pregnant!! So I then bought a clearblue digital with the weeks indicator to find out how far along I was - I took that about 3 hours later and it came up Not Pregnant. I have since done 4 Tesco tests (1 didn't work at all) all of which were negative and another 2 clear blue easy all of which have been negative. I have read so much about false negatives and false positives and most advice revolves around waiting for a period or ovulation, however this doesn't work for me as I don't have periods!! Am I safe to assume that the first test was a faulty one? Or should I keep testing (which is costing me a fortune)! I have a hen weekend in 2 weeks time and I'd like to drink on that and I'm supposed to be white water rafting which obviously I won't be able to do if I am pregnant.
I'm not sure what else I can do?

Barneythepurpledinowhore Mon 20-Jun-16 12:39:08

I would be imagine it was a false positive but maybe ask a pharmacist before buying anymore!

NeedACleverNN Mon 20-Jun-16 12:40:50

I too would agree it was a false positive but maybe consult your doctor if you have any more concerns

MiyakoOdori Mon 20-Jun-16 12:41:48

It's most likely to be a false positive but a visit to the gp to get a blood test done to make sure?

jobrum Mon 20-Jun-16 12:43:26

I had the same when taking a POP a few years ago. The very light bleed I expected was a day or so late so I took a test that had been leftover from a two pack (leftover actually when I'd had the coil removed many months previously). I was shocked to see a positive, it was really clear and quick. Two more tests that day, a test the next morning and I think one more the morning after that were all negative. I wasn't pregnant and still have no idea what caused it.

Melons1982 Mon 20-Jun-16 13:05:19

Thank you everyone. smile x

GashleyCrumbTiny Mon 20-Jun-16 13:15:45

So you've had 7 negative tests, one positive, and one dud? See GP or pharmacist for further reassurance if that will allow you to enjoy the hen weekend, but it's unlikely that you got one correct reading followed by 7 false negatives!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now