Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Recommendations for a book for my OH

(10 Posts)
bumblebee86 Sat 18-Jun-16 17:29:15

Im pregnant with our first baby and want to get my OH a book designed for fathers about pregnancy etc. Any recommendations? Any your OH's found useful or helpful. I was thinking about this one?

socktastic Sat 18-Jun-16 17:33:54

The commando dad book is really good. I've found myself reading it too!!

bumblebee86 Sat 18-Jun-16 18:18:30

Thank you. I'll have a look at that one smile

Dueindecember2016 Sat 18-Jun-16 18:46:01

The whole 9 months (blue cover with pictures of sperm) is great. I hear my OH laughing from the bedroom when he's reading it. It's great as he feels part of the early stages too and an understand when I say I'm tired or I'm sick and that I'm not milking it smile

bumblebee86 Sat 18-Jun-16 18:50:57

Thanks Dueindecember2016 that looks like a good one!

Oysterbabe Sat 18-Jun-16 19:57:18

We got the whole 9 months one too, it was good. I read it first and the content was good, plenty of detail and not dumb and sexist like some of them are.

Quodlibet Sat 18-Jun-16 20:47:58

We found most of the dad books a bit lightweight and patronising. There's a fantastic book called The Birth Partner which is really really good in terms of helping someone prepare for that aspect of it.

GinIsIn Sat 18-Jun-16 20:52:53

My DH got the book you are thinking about and has found it really patronising - "remember lads, there's lots of stuff your missus can't eat. She needs to be careful eating eggs now you've impregnated hers..." hmm

GinIsIn Sat 18-Jun-16 20:53:53

Sorry - should have said - that's the rob kemp one in the OP, not 'The Whole 9 Months'

smellsofelderberries Sun 19-Jun-16 12:40:11

I second Commando Dad. DH loves it and it's not patronising at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now