Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Show following a sweep

(5 Posts)
socktastic Fri 17-Jun-16 19:41:33

Just wondering what others' experiences have been? I had a sweep this morning about 11ish and my show has started coming away in bits at the moment. It's not very nice!
If my show is coming away, do I expect my waters to break soon or does it just not work like that? I'm being very impatient I know but I would dearly love for this wee one to be out of me!

Sanch1 Fri 17-Jun-16 20:43:15

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. I had a sweep yesterday pm and have lost a couple bits of plug today. With DD my waters broke in bed, I stood up and my whole plug landed on the floor! Fingers crossed for both of us.

Highlove Fri 17-Jun-16 20:59:00

My plug came out in one big gross lump a few hours after a sweep. DD born a week later having been induced. Sorry. Hope you get going soon though!

Whatsername17 Fri 17-Jun-16 21:28:49

Mine came out and labour started a few hours later. My waters were broken for me when in labour to speed things up. Good luck!

socktastic Fri 17-Jun-16 21:36:40

I'm contracting at the moment but it's not painful so I'm guessing they're just braxton hicks. They're regular though, but probably not regular enough to mean anything.
Wish I'd done this before so I know what it's meant to be like!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now