Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby bouncers

(24 Posts)
pooky82 Thu 16-Jun-16 22:02:26

Sorry if not exactly the right place...

I'm driving myself crazy looking online and at reviews! What have you got and would you recommend?

Thanks! smile

Artandco Thu 16-Jun-16 22:08:59

We didn't. Got a lovely sheepskin rug instead.

Bare in mind most bouncers you can't use once baby can roll or sit at all as can tip over. My second son Was doing this around 4 months. So you get very little use out of them.

They also shouldn't be used for sleeping as the same as leaving them in car seat with airway restriction so max 30 mins with you watching

FATEdestiny Thu 16-Jun-16 22:09:12

Bouncy chairs? You don't need anything fancy. Something you can sit on the sofa and bounce with your foot. Make sure the play arch is removable.

I've always had the Fisher Price one, I've owned three during the baby years of my four children. I think the current Fisher Price bouncer is the Rainforest one.

MinnowAndTheBear Thu 16-Jun-16 22:18:12

Yes we have a rainforest fisher price one. It is quite snug, in a nice cosy way, and I think we will have plenty of use out of it yet (DS is 3 months).
Get one that you can sit baby down in without the need to immediately secure them with the straps. Not sure if I'm explaining this very well but my mam has a bouncer at her house which requires you to hold the baby in position whilst fasting the straps, otherwise the baby just slides right down off the bottom.

Shanster Fri 17-Jun-16 03:26:51

I just bought another Fisher price rainforest one - I got rid of all my baby gear after the first two. I bought this one second hand since you can only use it for about 4 months so they don't get very worn out. Also, you can put the cover in the washing machine.

Icecappedpinetrees Fri 17-Jun-16 03:40:29

Fisherprice rainforest - both babies loved it, both slept in if they nodded off, they sat in it while I showered/cooked where a rug or mat wasn't safe etc. first son loved sitting in his as you sat looking at him talking - he didn't like to be handled!! Son with reflux sat in his after feeds as he couldn't lie flat.

I think it gives them an alternative view of the world. A good thing in moderation.

I'd recommend it.

icklekid Fri 17-Jun-16 04:51:35

We had one like this chicco bouncer having somewhere to put a baby so you can eat/shower/not have to hold permanently is worth it. My ds wouldn't lie on playmat/floor for more than a couple of minutes but would sit in thus happily. We got at least 6 months use as is quite big and adjusts to be quite upright as he got bigger.

StinkyMcgrinky Fri 17-Jun-16 06:45:44

Another vote for the fisher price rain forest bouncer here. DS absolutely adored his and even when he was rolling would happily sit in it and play until he had had enough.

I believe there's a few versions around but this is the one we had www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/1583818.htm

DollyBarton Fri 17-Jun-16 06:47:37

Go cheap! It's very handy but only for a short time. I've the fisher price one and its lasted 3 kids but still looks perfect.

KP86 Fri 17-Jun-16 07:04:31

Fisher price is good, and if you get one of the slightly bigger ones that can be adjusted you can use it when they first start weaning, or if they are bottle fed when they learn to feed themselves.

WordGetsAround Fri 17-Jun-16 07:10:46

BabyBjorn - expensive but can use it for years and is very comfortable. Both mine got loads of use out of it and it's still going strong.

StylishDuck Fri 17-Jun-16 07:20:59

Another vote for Fisher Price rainforest. You can get it for less than £30 and we got loads of use out of it. DD loved it.

MyBreadIsEggy Fri 17-Jun-16 07:21:50

I had a snazzy all singing, all dancing swing/bouncer....Dd hated it! So I spent £10 on a really basic, Bright Starts one from Asda that had a removable toy arch, and she loved that one hmm

Afreshstartplease Fri 17-Jun-16 07:23:05

My three babies preferred swings so I'll be getting another of those!

Serafinaaa Fri 17-Jun-16 08:29:29

I've got the baby bjorn pricey one but mine preferred a swing and it barely got used!

pooky82 Fri 17-Jun-16 09:20:05

Thanks so much for all the comments! Think I'll check out the fisher price ones today smile

Ratbagratty Fri 17-Jun-16 09:25:27

Fisher price woodland one, my Dd is happily playing in it now.

mellysam Fri 17-Jun-16 09:29:19

Depends what age you think you will use it until, most are 0-6 months the baby bjorn is 0-2yrs

KP86 Fri 17-Jun-16 09:49:29

Actually, mine was Bright Starts as well. It was fab.

skankingpiglet Fri 17-Jun-16 10:26:36

I'm another who had a baby which refused to tolerate a bouncy chair. A friend gave us a swing which she loved. I'd say don't spend a fortune just in case. Also as mentioned some chairs like the Bjorn do have a much older upper age limit on them but I can't see many babies happy to sit in them once they learn to move about so it seems a bit pointless to me.

hopeful31yrs Fri 17-Jun-16 11:11:18

Another for the fisher price woodland one. Brilliant and it's doing the rounds with friends since I had DD. Expecting to have it back for this one.

KP86 Fri 17-Jun-16 11:52:22

This was ours

Bright Starts Peek-A-Zoo 60127 Baby Rocker https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BIZ2L9E/ref=cmsww_rcpp_api_Qy9yxbHMVAR40

The vibrating function was a bit silly but it was a sturdy chair and has a flick out bit on the legs to make it stand higher.

1frenchfoodie Fri 17-Jun-16 12:28:15

Bright starts jubilant jungle bouncy chair £29 at mothercare is popular here. Baby (3mo) likes the vibrate function though the music is annoying.

chloechloe Fri 17-Jun-16 19:22:01

We have a Babybjorn and it was a lifesaver for putting the little one in when I needed to get stuff done. It also folds flat so we even took it on holiday. DD is now 14mo and I still use it now to put her in while I have a shower (at this age you can use it as a chair without the strap, but I still fasten her in as we have a walk-in shower and she'd probably try and join me otherwise!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now