Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39+3, C-section booked tomorrow but could I be in early labour?

(4 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Thu 16-Jun-16 12:12:54

I have had a really tight stomach almost all morning, like constant Braxton Hicks, and had a rough nights kip (kept dreaming about my waters breaking!). Feeling a bit emotional and not quite myself today, after feeling really great yesterday.
Baby is moving but has been a tad quieter than normal, although I don't think movement is reduced enough to be a concern, she's still making her presence known smile I think it's just that my stomach is so tight today and the midwife I saw yesterday said I have a 'very neat bump' so there's probably not a lot of room for her to move about anymore!
My stomach is just so much tighter than normal I'm wondering if things could be kicking off... Is this how it started for anyone else?
I didn't have proper labour with my first as she was breech (bum down) and I just didn't dialate at all, my water's broke and then had intense contractions immediately. This one was breech for ages but is now head down, so I'm clueless as to what proper early labour is like. Did anyone else start off like this?

IcedCoffeeToGo Thu 16-Jun-16 12:18:31

Yes, of course you could.

OhWhatAPalaver Thu 16-Jun-16 14:16:32

I also feel really uncomfortable when sitting down and don't feel as hungry as I would normally.. I'm just not sure if the tightenings are significant or not... I'm in more general discomfort in my whole pelvic and groin area and the Braxton Hicks are occurring quite a bit more then usual...

IcedCoffeeToGo Thu 16-Jun-16 14:47:58

Phone a midwife. I went into labour before two sections

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now