Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

IUGR and reduced movement

(10 Posts)
MonumentsAndMelodies Thu 16-Jun-16 08:20:05

I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and have been having regular growth scans due to DC 1&2 being small. Scan this week showed baby's growth had slowed a lot so I've been given steroids to mature her lungs incase she had to come early.
Last night and this morning her movements have slowed quite a bit so I have called the assessment unit and will call them back at 9 if no change to her movements. With this being my 3rd I don't tend to get too worried about things but I'm absolutely terrified something is wrong sad.
I'm not too sure why I'm posting, I suppose it's got to the point I could do with a bit of a handhold if that's ok, I'm worried they are going to induce me before 37 weeks :/ I haven't been induced before. Has anyone been induced before 37 weeks and it hasn't ended in a c section or do you think they are more likely to just book me in for a section with me not being term yet?

Sorry for the ramble

Alb1 Thu 16-Jun-16 08:42:15

I have no helpful advice but am here to handhold flowers you've done the right thing calling about movement straight away. My guess is they'd do a c section if your baby is starting to struggle but I honestly don't no. Although my advice is to go for an epidural if you are induced. Hopefully it won't come to any of that though

MonumentsAndMelodies Thu 16-Jun-16 09:07:40

Thankyou Alb. On my way up to the assessment unit now. Had a couple of braxton hicks type tightening but still no real movement. Fingers crossed they put me on the monitor and she wakes up a bit.
The 2 things I really wanted to avoid were an epidural and a c section but I'll take anything they need to throw at me right now to make sure she's ok.
Will try update later. Thankyou again smile

Alb1 Thu 16-Jun-16 09:20:51

Good luck OP, I'm sure shel wake straight up smile maybe ask for a scan for reassurance if your still worried after aswell, in my experience there always happy to do a quick scan if it helps, il keep an eye out for your update

Imnotacelebgetmeouttahere Thu 16-Jun-16 09:22:33

I have been induced at 36 / 34 / 35 and 34 weeks with mine and only one was a section - that was my 35weeker and because she was breech smile

Hope all goes ok today X

eurochick Thu 16-Jun-16 12:33:27

I hope it's going ok. I had an iugr baby. I was a bit earlier than you but the consultant refused to induce cos he didn't think she was strong enough for a VB. A section was my worst nightmare but we both came out the other side ok. Good luck.

MonumentsAndMelodies Thu 16-Jun-16 13:09:36

Well she woke up as soon as they put the monitor on which made me feel a bit daft but they reassured me that I had done the right thing going in. Scan tomorrow and appointment with consultant next week and I'm under strict instructions to not hesitate to go back if I'm worried at all.
Thankyou for the hand hold and support, fingers crossed they let me carry her till 37 weeks smile

Alb1 Thu 16-Jun-16 13:47:54

That's great news, and there right don't hesitate, you can never be too careful smile good luck with everything OP

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Thu 16-Jun-16 13:55:24

Glad she woke up. Don't hesitate to contact them again if you get reduced movements.
I was induced with DD1 (at 36 weeks) and DD2 (at 37 weeks) because they were both measuring small and had stopped growing. With DD2 I had reduced movements and went to be assessed, at which point she started wriggling like crazy. I was scanned the next day which showed she hadn't grown significantly since the previous scan and was induced that afternoon.
Both inductions were fine. No epidural, no section.
I hope it all goes well for you.

ListenToYourHeart Thu 16-Jun-16 14:03:34

Glad to hear it was okay, being pregnant is such a constant worry flowers

I was induced with DD at just 37 weeks due to growth showing as small, and in all fairness even though I was induced it was a fairly normal labour, 12hrs from being induced till she was born, only gas and air as pain relief.

Good luck with the next few weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now