Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cd30 and no period but negative pregnancy test

(4 Posts)
Artynic Thu 16-Jun-16 07:02:41

Hi. I'm new and this is my first post. Just hoping for some advice on how long before the test strips could show a pregnancy.
I haven't been trying that long so might just be wishful thinking but I have sore gums some nausea and fatigue. Thought it was all over when there was 2 days of very pale brown discharge but that's gone back to normal? Was that my period? Thanks in advance x

AuntieStella Thu 16-Jun-16 07:09:16

Have you spotted that MN has a Conception topic

You might find it helpful to have a browse in there, as that's where you're likely to find posters with knowledge/experience about all issues surrounding conceiving a pregnancy.

MagpieCursedTea Thu 16-Jun-16 07:33:00

How long are your cycles normally? Do you know when you ovulated?
Pregnancy tests should show positive once your period has been missed or sometimes earlier (as long as you're pregnant obviously) but some tests are more sensitive than others.
The small amount of spotting may have been implantation bleeding, in which case you should get a positive test 2-3 days after that.
Also, if you've been on hormonal birth control, it could take a while for your cycles to settle into a pattern again.
Best of luck!

Artynic Thu 16-Jun-16 11:04:47

Thank you auntiestella. No I haven't seen that. First day on the site. I will have a look on the conception section thanks.
Magpie I'm not sure tbh. I was on pill for 10 years an had a month or so of all over the place bleeds then seemed to settle to 26-28 days but jus got negative test so it seems not likely. Maybe I was just looking for symptoms but I don't normally have sore gums or nausea and periods are heavy an over week long not jus couple of days of yellow/light brown.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now