Talk

Advanced search

Your days before labour

(18 Posts)
Inwaiting Wed 15-Jun-16 16:24:44

Hi all

I know everyone's journey is different but I wondered if anyone could tell me how they felt/body changes that happened before you went into labour?

mellowyellow1 Wed 15-Jun-16 17:26:40

I had sickness and diarrhea the night before and lots of mild stomatch pains!

hopeful31yrs Wed 15-Jun-16 17:29:11

Had a migraine with the flashing lights 2 days before labour started. I think, in retrospect this was my hormones starting to change. I didn't feel much different apart from that until the morning before labour and had a bit of crampy tum - didn't last long and thought it was christmas food induced. Went back to sleep and had a show the next morning - kicked off from there.

Luna2016 Wed 15-Jun-16 17:29:55

I was 8 days over due. Days befor I didn't want to do anything but sleep, then one night I just couldn't sleep or eat a thing. I also kept getting frustrated because I felt like I needed to do something, but I didn't know what. Finally fell asleep, then got woke up by contractions.

BikeRunSki Wed 15-Jun-16 17:31:48

I was really grumpy and craved a tuna & cheese toastie.

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 15-Jun-16 17:32:47

I had a really weird sickly tummy, and very runny bowels the day before my waters broke sad

DustyMaiden Wed 15-Jun-16 17:34:30

After being full of energy and having a very small appetite at 33 weeks I woke up in the morning ate two full English breakfasts and slept the entire day. Water broke when I woke.

SillyBub Wed 15-Jun-16 17:35:56

Nothing immediately before, I was fed up and grumpy with both for -weeks- days before they came, bit on the day it kicked off with both of them, I was happy and relaxed and calm. I knew second time round that this was it before the contractions started because of how I felt.

SillyBub Wed 15-Jun-16 17:36:22

strike out fail

nam207 Wed 15-Jun-16 17:36:35

Last time I felt completely normal and had no signs until the Friday when all day I had a bit of an upset tummy. Went to bed and my waters broke that night. DS born at lunchtime on Sat (10 days early) . Currently 38+4, lost my plug at 38+1 and have been having definite stretching sensations down there. No labour symptoms yet though.

prettywhiteguitar Wed 15-Jun-16 17:38:03

I cried the night before because I really didn't want to go two weeks over like the last time ! Boom 6am start !

littlejeopardy Wed 15-Jun-16 17:39:25

My face went suddenly chubby! My friend who had 3 children pointed it out to me (thanks!) and said baby would come in the next few days.

She was right!

CutYourHairAndGetAJob Wed 15-Jun-16 17:57:35

Dc1 - normal day at work. I didn't notice any physical changes but I did randomly burst into tears in the afternoon. It was a total shock going into (premature) labour.

Dc2 - on maternity leave, spent the day pottering around the house. I was having braxton hicks, but I felt fine and even went to pregnancy yoga.

Dixiechick17 Wed 15-Jun-16 19:27:56

On the Friday I just had a feeling that my DD would be here by the Monday, on the Sunday morning I had a bloody show which kept coming throughout the day and again had a feeling that this really was the start and my DD was born at 7.17am on the Monday

Luckystar1 Wed 15-Jun-16 19:39:09

The day I went into labour was completely normal, I was driving around easily etc. Went to a friends house and was sitting there and suddenly I had this weird feeling (I can only describe it as a switch in my head being flicked), and I just wanted to go home. And I really, really didn't want to drive. Had bloody show about 3 hours later (DS was born 2 days later but let's pretend it was quick...!)

Missingcaffeine Wed 15-Jun-16 22:28:00

I felt great the day before labour, full of energy, after really feeling exhausted the weeks before. No other clues that labour was imminent. Labour started the following day one week early.

almostthirty Wed 15-Jun-16 22:33:47

I was irritable, didn't want anyone to touch me and couldn't settle at anything or get comfy. Gave up trying to sleep at 6am when I started having contractions and da was born 52 hours later!

CarrotVan Thu 16-Jun-16 09:53:19

I steam cleaned the window frames

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now